These Almond Butter Cereal Bars are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, and peanut free. These cereal bars are also vegan-friendly. They are the perfect snack for kids and adults alike.
These Almond Butter Cereal Bars are the perfect easy cereal bar to make for your kids or even with your kids. You can use pretty much any type of cereal and any type of nut butter. You probably already have the ingredients on hand. Your kids will love to help you make these Almond Butter Cereal Bars. Whether they’re pouring in the ingredients or mixing it up, kids love being involved in making food.
Mix-in Options for Almond Butter Cereal Bars
What’s cool about these little snack bars is you can really have fun with them. You’ll see most of the ingredients are listed as “optional”. That’s because you can add or take out whatever you want. Some changes include, but are definitely not limited to…
- You can make them with whatever cereal you prefer
- You can make them with or without the chocolate drizzle
- Use your favorite nut butter or seed butter
- Add mini chocolate chips
- Add nuts
- Add dried fruit
- Add coconut flakes
Almond Butter Cereal Bars
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons honey - optional
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free cereal of choice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon - optional
- 3 tablespoons raisins - optional
Chocolate Coating - Optional
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon dairy free milk
- Melt your almond butter, coconut oil, and honey in the microwave or on the stove top until they are soft enough to mix. Mix these ingredients together in a large bowl once melted.
- Pour your cereal and raisins into your large bowl and mix well with the melted almond butter mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into silicone ice cube molds or a parchment paper lined 9x9 baking sheet. Once the cereal mixture is in your pan you choose to use, carefully press down with a rubber spatula. You want to make sure all cereal is covered by or mostly covered by the almond butter and coconut oil mixture. Otherwise, the cereal will fall off when you remove from pan.
- Refrigerate for about 3 hours or until they are solid. Remove from your pan and cut into squares.
- Melt the ingredients for the chocolate coating and mix to combine. Dip your cereal bars in the chocolate sauce and refrigerate for another hour or until chocolate is solid.