These dairy free Banana Chocolate Yogurt Squares are also soy free, egg free, gluten free, and peanut free.
Hello All! The weather has been so beautiful lately. We went to the beach yesterday and had a blast. I’ve absolutely loved exploring Maine, and I often rush out the door without grabbing a full breakfast. These banana chocolate yogurt squares are one of those perfect treats to bring on the go or even eat quickly before flying out the door.
I really wanted to make a recipe that is high in gelatin because it is so incredibly healthy. I have literally seen the difference it has made in my health. Normally my nails are always breaking and can never grow long. Since adding gelatin to my smoothies, they are not only growing long but they feel strong and thick! And that’s just one effect I can see, I can only imagine what it’s doing on the inside of my body.
Gelatin Health Benefits
- Improves Gut Health and Digestion
- Protects Joints and Lowers Joint Pain
- Helps Improve Sleep Quality
- Lifts Your Mood and Improves Cognitive Abilities
- Improves Skin Health
- Helps Maintain Heart Health
- Maintains Strong Bones
- Helps You Feel Full
Info found at draxe.com
How to Eat Yogurt Squares
The most obvious is just eat them straight up, as is. They are chewy, flavorful and soft. They are high in protein because of the gelatin and almond butter, so they make a perfect snack. You can also eat them as a topper to your smoothie bowls. Or you can FREEZE them and blend them right into your smoothies instead of ice cubes.
If you’ve tried these Banana Chocolate Yogurt Squares or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to scroll down to the comments section to rate the recipe ☆☆☆☆☆ and let me know your questions, thoughts, and opinions. I love hearing from you! If you think your friends would love this recipe too, don’t forget to hit the share buttons below.
You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and to see some social media exclusive recipes, tips, and giveaways.
Banana Yogurt Squares
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup dairy free yogurt
- 1/4 cup gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until very smooth.
- You can pour the mixture into silicone ice cube trays or if you don't have those you can use a parchment paper lined bread pan.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut into small squares, either freeze or refrigerate depending on how you plan on eating them.