This Broccoli Guacamole is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free and nut free. It is also vegan.
Hi All! Trevor and I had an AWESOME Taco Tuesday this week. I made the guacamole extra special (and extra healthy, shh!). I added in some roasted broccoli. Not only did it add extra nutrients, but it also added so much extra flavor. By roasting the broccoli first you get a really nice toasty flavor to the guacamole.
If you have picky kids, or a picky husband like me, this is the perfect twist on a classic guacamole. Trevor loved the guacamole so much and didn’t even notice it had broccoli. The zesty seasonings on the roasted broccoli really add to that complex roasty flavor. For another unique twist, I added Italian Dressing. This gave it a nice brightness and paired well with the broccoli.
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 avocados
- 2 teaspoons Italian Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder - add more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - add more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper - add more or less to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Chop broccoli and coat with oil and seasoning. Roast broccoli on a parchment paper lined baking pan for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Once broccoli is cooled, put avocado, broccoli, dressing, and seasoning to taste in a blender or food processor. Blend until broccoli is completely broken up and the mixture is creamy like guacamole.
- Season according to your taste preference. Enjoy with chips or tacos!