This recipe is: Free of gluten, dairy, soy, eggs and nuts.
Before I get into this deliciousness… I wanted to remind you all that there is an Instagram giveaway going on right now! Oh this is your first time hearing about it? Maybe you should sign up for the newsletter so you’d be in the loop! 🙂 Just go to my Instagram @eatordrink and look at the most recent post that says giveaway to enter.
Ok, on with the show! This recipe is so easy but would definitely impress at a party. Isn’t that the best? Having a recipe that looks complicated, but really only took you a few steps to throw together. That’s an ideal party dish if you ask me.
The texture is so great. Typically taquitos are fried but these are baked. I found baking to be easier and of course healthier. They still get super crispy in the oven! The flavor is bomb too, love the Frank’s hot sauce. It’s not too spicy but is super flavorful like buffalo chicken wings. If you have another buffalo hot sauce you like, do it up with that!
Buffalo Chicken TaquitosPrint This
3 chicken breasts
Spray coconut or olive oil
Approximately 11 corn tortillas – I used white corn here
1/2 a can of refried beans
1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot
3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise – I used Earth Balance
1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Boil chicken breasts until mostly cooked. You want them slightly under cooked so the chicken doesn’t dry out when you bake the taquitos.
- Shred cooked chicken with two forks until it is in small shredded pieces. I find it’s easier to do this while the chicken is still warm, but be careful not to burn yourself!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk up hot sauce, mayonnaise and all seasonings. Then pour onto your shredded chicken and mix well.
- Spray a baking sheet with a lot of oil (yes, a lot is my unit of measurement here)
- Put your tortillas between two wet paper towels and microwave for 30 seconds. This will make them easier to work with. You’ll see mine had some breakage. That’s because I didn’t microwave some of the tortillas.
- To roll taquitos – start by spreading a small spoonful refried beans on the tortilla. Then add in some chicken and roll up tight. You don’t want to add too much chicken, these are suppose to be thin crispy roll ups.
- Place in baking sheet leaving space in between. Spray more oil on the top of the taquitos.
- Bake for about 10 minutes on each side or until brown and crispy.