This Dairy Free Clam Linguine is also gluten free, soy free, egg free and nut free.
One of my favorite things about being a cook is sharing my food with others. I know it’s corny, but food is my way of sharing love! This is one of those meals that feels like a piece of your heart. What is it about pasta that’s so comforting? Oh yes, the carbs. This buttery tasting dairy-free clam linguine is just perfect. Fresh and rich all at the same time.
My Mom always told stories of my grandma’s amazing clam linguine. When she was a kid, it was my Mom’s request for every birthday dinner. With my Mom’s help, I made it just like my grandma but switched it up a little to make it gluten free and dairy free. I bet you wouldn’t know the difference though. This recipe really isn’t that hard to make and is so delicious. It’s the perfect dinner for a special night. I loaded it up with lots of oil so it is definitely a treat. But hey, sometimes you need a treat. It goes perfectly with a side of green beans as I show here.
Dairy Free Clam Linguine
- 16 oz gluten free linguine
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 tablespoons dairy free butter
- 1 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 10 oz can of fancy whole baby clams
- 6.5 oz can of chopped clams in clam juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 bundle of Italian parsley
- Cook your pasta to al dente according to package instructions. Then drain and rinse to remove excess starch.
- Clean and roughly chop up the parsley. Make sure you remove the tough stems.
- Smash and chop all of your garlic very small.
- Melt your butter in a large edged pan on medium, then turn it down to low and add in your chopped garlic. Make sure the garlic does not burn. If the pan seems too hot take it off the heat.
- Add your dijon mustard and stir well. Keep your butter cooking on low for 10 minutes so it can be flavored with the dijon and garlic.
- Add in the entire 6.5 oz can of clams with the clam juice. Drain most of the liquid out of the 10 oz can of whole clams and then add in the rest. Add your seasoning, feel free to add more or less according to your taste preference. Continue cooking on low allowing all of the flavors to incorporate into the butter.
- Once your pasta is done cooking add it to your pan and mix everything together very well to cover the pasta with the sauce.
- Mix in your parsley and let it cook for another 5-10 minutes mixing occasionally. Taste it and add more salt and pepper if needed.