This Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding recipe is also gluten free, egg free, soy free, nut free and vegan.
Are you ready for a delicious chocolate pudding recipe? How about a dairy free and vegan chocolate pudding recipe? What did you say?? Oh yea I’m on a computer, I can’t hear you. 🙂 I can guess that you’re shouting for joy because chocolate pudding is delicious. Something about it makes everyone feel like a kid again. It’s easy to make too! Trust me, it is just as easy as chocolate pudding that has dairy! This recipe follows the same basic instructions as my Matcha Tea Pudding Recipe – so feel free to check that one out too.
This vegan chocolate pudding is so creamy! I have Coconut Cloud vanilla creamer to thank for that! Coconut Cloud makes a delicious vegan creamer that comes in a powder. It is obviously great in coffee, but also great in pudding! Who would’ve thought? The creamer adds a nice vanilla flavor and really helps create a thick and creamy texture. This dairy free pudding will certainly put up a strong fight against any dairy-full counterpart. 🙂
Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Coconut Cloud creamer, cocoa powder, sugar, potato starch and salt until combined.
- Pour the water, coconut milk, coconut oil and dry ingredients in a pot on your stove-top.
- Turn heat to medium and whisk mixture continually until you start to see small bubbles coming up. You do not need it to come to a complete boil, it should just look like the start of a boil. It should take about 8 – 10 minutes and you will see it start to thicken.
- Pour into small containers or one large bowl and keep in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy once it has cooled completely!
- Optional: Top with coconut whipped cream and cookie crumbs! To make coconut whipped cream – refrigerate a can of full-fat coconut milk. Once it’s cold, the cream will separate from the water. Use a spoon to remove the cream and place it in your stand mixer. Whip up on high until it has thickened. If you would like it to be sweeter add a couple tablespoons of sugar.