This Dairy Free Ice Cream is also gluten free, soy free, egg free and vegan.
Hi friends! This dairy free ice cream has only 5 ingredients and is so easy to make. You can make it right in your freezer, no ice cream maker needed. The base is made with frozen bananas and canned coconut milk. With that base, you could make so many different flavors. Here I have the delicious maple walnut flavor. The maple flavor with the nutty walnuts is perfect.
This is similar to nice cream, also known as banana ice cream. Typically nice cream is just frozen bananas plus other fruit or flavors. Here I made it a bit different. I added canned coconut milk to the frozen bananas for an even creamier texture. Plus I popped it all in the freezer after blending.
The texture of this ice cream is a little bit icier than typical ice cream. It will remind you a little bit more of a creamy popsicle. That icy texture makes this ice cream so refreshing. With such clean ingredients, this could even be a sweet pick me up after a sweaty workout.
Dairy Free Maple Walnut Ice Cream
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon dairy free butter
- 2 chopped frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat your coconut milk on the stovetop until the hard milk and the liquid combine. Turn off the heat and mix in your maple syrup and butter until combined. Let cool in the fridge until room temp.
- Blend your bananas and liquids in a high powered blender until completely smooth.
- Pour into a bread pan or another similar sized baking pan. Mix in your walnuts and place in the freezer. Freeze until solid, about 3-4 hours.
- If the ice cream is too solid to scoop, let sit at room temp for 10 - 15 minutes. Enjoy!