These Dairy Free Pizza Hash Browns are gluten free, soy free, egg free, and nut free.
They also has the option to be made vegan if you leave out the meat.
Hi guys, are you ready for an amazing breakfast recipe? Ok good! These Dairy Free Pizza Hash Browns are so tasty and so easy to make in your waffle maker. Yes, your waffle maker! They would be fun to make with kids too. This recipe is for dairy-free pizza hash browns, but feel free to switch up the filling if you have other ideas in mind. Your family will love making their own loaded hash browns and you’ll love how easy they are to make.
Why a Waffle Maker?
Your waffle maker is perfect for this recipe. It’s able to squish the two sides of hash browns together and create the perfect brown crust on the outside. If you do not have a waffle maker I highly suggest getting one. There’s nothing like the taste of homemade waffles, and as you can see from this recipe, your waffle maker does not have to be used just for waffles.
If you are ready to pull the trigger, here are some good waffle makers you can buy on Amazon:
- Cuisinart Belgian Waffle Maker – This would be the perfect waffle maker. It’s a great size and has the square shape. It’s similar to the one I own, but it’s much cheaper. If my waffle maker broke I would get this one. Why? Because it has removable plates making it easy to clean. Trust me, you’ll hate not having that (I would know).
- Hamilton Beach Waffle Maker – This one is a great cheap option.
- Hamilton Beach Waffle Maker 2 squares – This is the cheapest option of all and is perfect if you only need 2 squares.
Inside the Hash Browns
These hash browns are loaded with flavor. You can put so many different things on the inside. This time I decided to give them a pizza style flavor using the following ingredients.
I know some people who are new to dairy-free eating are hesitant about using the fake cheeses. Yes, they do taste different and have a different texture. No, you probably won’t enjoy them right out of the bag. However, for these dairy free pizza hash browns, a small amount of dairy-free cheese melted in just adds a great creamy texture.
You might be surprised that I used salsa instead of pizza sauce. Well, like I said, you can have fun with these. I already had this delicious Tenayo salsa open and wanted to use it to bump up the flavor. It definitely did the trick!
The pepperoni is delicious in here, but can also be left out or substituted with your favorite meat or meat replacement.
Other Filling Options
I have made loaded hash browns in my waffle maker many times before. Here are some other filling options that are also so tasty.
- Ham and dairy-free cheese
- Leftover taco meat and dairy-free cheese
- Eat or Drink’s chicken wing dip
- Bacon and dairy-free cheese
- Scrambled eggs and cheese (if you are not allergic)
If you’ve tried these Dairy Free Pizza Hash Browns or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to scroll down to the comments section to rate the recipe ☆☆☆☆☆ and let me know your questions, thoughts, and opinions. I love hearing from you! If you think your friends would love this recipe too, don’t forget to hit the share buttons below.
Dairy Free Pizza Hash browns
- 4 cups frozen hash browns
- 4 tablespoons mild salsa
- 3 tablespoons dairy free cheese
- Spray your waffle maker with cooking spray and preheat.
- Each loaded hash brown you are making will have one cup of frozen hash browns on the bottom layer. Carefully spoon the first layer of frozen hash browns into your waffle maker. Cautiously use your hands to make sure the potato pieces are staying within the mold.
- For each individual hash brown, spoon on 2 tablespoons mild salsa and 1 1/2 tablespoons dairy-free cheese.
- Once your fillings are spread out on the inside, each individual loaded hash brown will be topped with 1 more cup of frozen hash browns.
- Close your waffle maker and cook for about 10 - 15 minutes. You can peak at them around 10 minutes. If the hash browns are brown then it should be done. Use a butter knife to carefully remove them from your waffle maker. Enjoy right away while they are hot!