This Gluten Free and Vegan Brownie Pie is incredibly easy to make but is absolutely decadent. You only need a few ingredients like pie crust, brownie mix, and a can of pumpkin to make this rich and fudgy Pumpkin Brownie Pie. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, and peanut free. It is also suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
I am beyond happy with the final results of this Gluten Free and Vegan Pumpkin Brownie Pie. I’m even more happy with how easy it was to make. If you need to make a last-minute dessert for Thanksgiving this is it.
What is a Pumpkin Brownie Pie?
It’s pure bliss. This dessert combines two amazing things. Pie and brownies. It’s essentially just a pie crust baked with a fudgy brownie and then topped with vegan caramel sauce (you could also just top with vegan whipped cream).
The brownie layer is very rich and fudgy. You really don’t taste too much pumpkin. The pumpkin is just there to give it that fudgy half-baked texture. The half-baked brownie texture really plays nice with the flaky crust. I think a drier brownie inside a pie crust would leave you with an unpleasant mouth-feel. Instead, when you bite into this Pumpkin Brownie Pie you get the perfect balance of crispy crust and ooey-gooey brownie.
Easy Semi-Homemade Elements
I tried to keep this recipe as easy as possible. That’s why I used a boxed brownie mix. Here are some other ways you can make this Gluten Free Pumpkin Brownie Pie semi-homemade.
I always use my Perfect Gluten Free Pie Crust Recipe. It’s easy to make, is dairy and egg free, tastes incredible, and never crumbles. I like to keep one in my freezer so that when I decide to make a pie it’s like I have a pre-made crust ready to go. However, if you don’t have time and forgot to make one of my pie crusts ahead of time you can easily use store-bought gluten free pie crust.
I suggest using a store-bought brownie mix for this recipe. It works well when you add the canned pumpkin and of course makes your baking so easy. I used Safe + Fair Double Chocolate Brownie Mix and it worked great. If you plan on using Safe + Fair make sure you use my 20% off discount code – eatordrink20.
I sprinkled on powdered sugar and drizzled on some easy homemade(ish) caramel sauce. To make the caramel sauce I just heated up a can of Nature’s Charm Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk until it was golden brown. For an even easier topping, you can just buy Nature’s Charm coconut caramel sauce. You could also just buy some vegan whipped cream.
Want more Thanksgiving Recipes?
If you’re still planning for Thanksgiving (or any other Holiday this year) you may enjoy the following recipes and posts. All of the following recipes are gluten free, dairy free, and egg free. The majority of the recipes are also vegan or have vegan options.
Some Savory Dishes
Vegan Squash Mac and Cheese
14 Gluten Free and Dairy Free Side Dishes
How to Make Gluten Free Gravy
How to Make Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing Recipe (with Whole Chicken)
Pumpkin Bean Soup
Cherry Pie Recipe
The Perfect Gluten Free Vegan Pie Crust
Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pie Recipes
Apple Crumble Pie
If you’ve enjoyed this Gluten Free and Vegan Pumpkin Brownie Pie Recipe then don’t forget to scroll down to the comments section. Rate this post ☆☆☆☆☆ and let me know your questions, thoughts, and opinions. I love hearing from you!
Hit the share buttons for your gluten free friends!
You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and to see some social media exclusive recipes, tips, and giveaways.
Gluten Free and Vegan Pumpkin Brownie Pie
- 1 Gluten Free Vegan Pie Crust
- 1 20.6 oz Bag/Box of Store-Bought Brownie Mix – see blog post for brand suggestion & coupon
- 1 15 oz Can of Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 cup Oil olive oil or sunflower oil work well
- 1 tablespoon Oil or dairy free butter for crust edge I used melted coconut oil
- Vegan Caramel Sauce, Powdered Sugar, or Vegan Whipped Cream for Optional Topping – see blog post for details
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Then roll out your pie crust and place it in your pie pan. If rolling out one of Perfect Gluten Free Vegan Pie Crusts follow the recipe for best results when rolling. Prick the bottom of your pie crust with a fork to prevent it from puffing up while baking.
- In a large bowl mix your brownie mix with pumpkin puree and oil. *Do not add anything the box says, just add these ingredients. Mix well then spread evenly into your pie crust. Brush the edge of your pie crust with oil.
- Bake in the center of your oven for 50 minutes. The brownie should feel firm when you tap it lightly with your hands. If the brownie is still wet to touch but your crust is beginning to burn just lightly wrap aluminum foil around the crust.
- Let cool completely then top with your optional topping.