These Gluten Free Baked Donuts have such a soft moist texture. They have a warm flavor from the coconut sugar that will remind you of fried donuts. These Gluten Free Baked Donuts are free of refined sugar and suitable for vegans or vegetarians. They are also soy free, egg free, dairy free, and peanut free.
I am so happy I finally bought a donut pan. I love donuts but I don’t want to go through the hastle of frying them. I also love that I can easily make a healthier donut right in my oven. These Gluten Free Baked Donuts are amazing. They have an amazing soft texture and a delicious warm flavor.
Simple Ingredients for my Gluten Free Baked Donuts
I tried to keep the ingredients and directions very simple for these Gluten Free Baked Donuts. I wanted these to be a healthier treat that you can enjoy without feeling blah afterwards.
To give these Gluten Free Baked Donuts a soft and moist texture I used Lavva Dairy Free yogurt. I also used Lavva yogurt on top of my donuts for
For these Gluten Free Baked Donuts I used their Strawberry yogurt. It has a delicious subtle sweet flavor that works really well with these baked donuts. You can easily use any Lavva yogurt you’d like in your gluten free donuts.
To keep these baked donuts free of refined sugar I decided to use coconut sugar. It’s a much healthier option that regular refined white sugar. It also adds a warm rich flavor that will make you think of fried donuts.
Coconut sugar can be expensive. If you use a lot of it
Instead of using dairy free butter/margarine like I typically do I decided to use coconut oil. It’s a simple ingredient with no junk.
Self-Rising Gluten Free Flour
I wanted to keep this recipe as simple as possible. This recipe is especially easy if you’re using my Gluten Free Self-Rising Flour Recipe. I always suggest keeping a big batch of this flour on hand so that when you need it for a recipe all you have to do is scoop it out.
Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- 1 1/2 cups Eat or Drink’s gluten free self-rising flour blend <– click for recipe
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dairy free milk almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, rice milk, etc. will work
- 1 5.3 ounce container Lavva Yogurt – any flavor works, I used Strawberry
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 5.3 ounce container Lavva Yogurt – any flavor works, I used Strawberry
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon honey – can be replaced with agave for vegans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk all dry ingredients and set aside. In a separate bowl whisk together your wet ingredients until sugar dissolves and all ingredients are combined well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined, do not overmix.
- Spoon your batter into your donut pan. The batter is a bit thick so use your hands to keep it within the mold. See picture in the blog post for reference.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until no longer wet to the touch. After removing them from the oven carefully flip them out onto a cooling rack to allow to cool. The bottom of the donuts will now be the top.
- As your donuts cool whisk together all of your glaze ingredients. Once your donuts are completely cool dip the top of them into your glaze.