These Gluten Free Banana Bread Bars are a fun twist on the classic banana bread. If chocolate chip cookie bars and banana bread had a baby, this would be it. It’s an easy gluten free banana bread recipe with a cookie taste and texture. These bars are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, and nut free. They are also suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
If you want an easy gluten free banana bread recipe that’s been amped up a few notches, this is it! I first posted this recipe on Instagram, but it was so good I had to share it on my site as well. If you don’t already follow @eatordrink on Instagram, make sure you do! I try to share new content on here once a week, but I post exclusive recipes to Instagram 2-3 times a week. So don’t miss out on the Instagram exclusives.
Are You New to Eat or Drink?
Before I continue with this easy gluten free banana bread recipe, let me just say a quick welcome to anyone who’s new to Eat or Drink. If you are brand new to Eat or Drink be sure to sign up for the newsletter so you never miss a thing. Eat or Drink is my Food and Lifestyle blog with a focus on Allergy-Free eating and living.
If you like this gluten free banana bread bar recipe and want more Eat or Drink Content, you can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and to see some social media exclusive recipes, tips, and giveaways.
Want a place to share your own recipes and find recipes from others? Join my Facebook Community Page Here!
What’s Inside these Gluten Free Banana Bread Bars?
Please see the recipe card for all ingredients and directions. In this section, I’m simply going to show some of the key ingredients and discuss why I chose them for this easy gluten free banana bread recipe.
Gluten Free Cookie Flour Blend – I chose to use this blend because it has a wonderful dense cookie-like texture and a warm flavor from the oats. If you don’t want to make a batch of this flour blend, you can use a store-bought 1-to-1 gluten free flour blend with very little difference to the texture.
Xanthan Gum – This helps with the texture. When baking gluten free you need a little extra help for binding.
Smashed Bananas – Of course if you want banana bread bars you need some smashed bananas! I chose to use 2 bananas for a strong delicious banana flavor.
Cane Sugar and Coconut Sugar – I chose to use a combination of these two sugars because it provides the best taste and texture. Obviously, cane sugar packs a very sweet punch and it actually helps create a light texture. Coconut sugar acts very similarly to brown sugar with a warm taste and a more dense texture.
Ground Flaxseed – This helps replace the egg in these vegan banana bread bars recipe. Some recipes call for a flax-egg but for this easy gluten free banana bread, I just mixed it right into the wet ingredients.
Gluten Free Banana Bread Bars
- 2 cups Eat or Drink's Gluten Free Cookie Flour Blend Recipe <–Click for recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 smashed bananas – 2 bananas should equal about 1 cup once smashed
- 3/4 cup melted dairy free butter
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- Whisk all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl mash your bananas with the back of a fork until smooth then add in your remaining wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add in half of your chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour the mixture into your baking pan and top with your remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until no longer wet. Let cool completely before cutting.
These bread bars look absolutely delicious! Thanks so much for sharing.
Aw thank you!!