Making gluten free treats doesn’t have to be complicated. I’ve collected a list of 28 gluten free treats that are delicious and exciting but so easy to make. All of these healthy treats for kiddos are low in sugar or completely sugar-free. Many of these after fun school snacks are also nut-free and vegan-friendly making them great for all families.
It can be hard coming up with fun after school snacks while you’re also trying to plan a healthy dinner. That’s why I wanted to create this roundup with easy recipes that can be made ahead and enjoyed all week. If your kid has a sweet tooth you’ll find some great gluten free treats that are secretly no sugar or low sugar. Your kids will love these sweet after school snacks and they won’t even realize that they’re eating a healthier option.
Want more kid friendly snacks and treats? You may like the following posts.
The Best Store-Bought Back To School Snacks
13 Gluten Free School Snacks (Homemade + Store-bought)
10 Gluten Free Products You Didn’t Know About
28 Gluten Free Treats That are Low Sugar or No Sugar
For this list, I’ve collected 28 gluten free treat recipes from a variety of amazing bloggers. You’ll find lots of low sugar or no sugar recipes that your kids will love to enjoy after school. Recipes ranging from healthy granola bars to energy balls, and even some no bake fig newtons. These 28 healthy treats for kids are some healthier options that are definitely not lacking in flavor or creativity.
I’ve used the following labels to help identify common allergens or special diets. I’ve tried my best to label accurately but since I’m human it’s possible I made a mistake. Please check the ingredients of each recipe yourself to ensure they fit your dietary needs.
- DF – Dairy free
- EF – Egg Free
- V – Vegan Friendly or Vegan Option (which means it’s both DF & EF)
- SF – Sugar Free (may still contain fruit or dried fruit)
- RF – Refined Sugar Free
- NF – Nut Free
1. Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites – (V, RF) Crazy simple gluten free treat to make and they taste just like cookie dough.
Cookie dough bites this good your kids will want all their friends to come over after school. Get the recipe from Evolving Table here.
2. Gluten Free Baked Donuts – (V, RF) Easy gluten free treats to make with such a soft texture.
I don’t care how you feel about the word moist, I have to say it, these baked donuts are SO moist. It’s like
3. Chocolate Banana Bites – (V) Frozen banana chunks dunked in chocolate, yum!
Just like Trader Joe’s Gone Bananas Frozen Bites, yet made vegan and gluten-free so everyone can enjoy them. Get the recipe from The Hidden Veggies here.
4. Salted Chocolate Almond Butter Balls – (V, RF) A no-bake treat that tastes like cookie dough.
These balls have an amazing cookie dough-like center and can be made with or without chocolate. Get this Eat or Drink recipe here.
5. Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl – (V, SF, NF) A fun twist on a regular smoothie!
Smoothie bowls aren’t that different than a smoothie served in a glass, but serving in a bowl allows you to add tasty toppings. Get the Organic Kitchen’s recipe here.
6. Flourless Sunbutter Cookies – (V, NF) An easy recipe with simple ingredients, what can be better?
Just imagine biting into a sweet cookie with ooey-gooey melted chocolate on top. Perfect! Get the recipe from Gluten Free Palate here.
Grain Free Protein Cookie Bars – (V) Filled with healthy vegan protein and grain-free almond flour.
These Protein Cookie Bars are a great healthy treat for your kiddos. They are high in protein and low in sugar so they’ll actually hold your kids over until dinner. Get this Eat or Drink recipe here.
8. Dairy Free Chocolate Banana Pudding – (V, SF) Only four ingredients for this gluten free treat.
A dairy free chocolate pudding recipe that’s fast to whip up and makes a perfect, healthy snack for kids or adults! Get Fit As A Mama Bear’s recipe here.
9. No Bake Healthy Fig Newtons – (V, RF) A wonderful adult and kid-friendly cookie recipe.
Want to know the secret to these no bake cookies? Orange juice! Find out how it’s used in Evolving Table’s Recipe here.
10. Blueberry Crumble Muffin – (V, NF) That are better than Udi’s Muffins!
These muffins will remind your kids of Udi’s Blueberry Muffins, but better! Get this Eat or Drink recipe here.
11. Homemade Almond Date Snack Squares – (V, SF) A healthy treat for kids that’s high in protein and fiber.
Even better, this super-food energy bar recipe is 100% kid-approved. So you know this recipe is going to be a win. Get the recipe from The Belly Rules The Mind here.
12. Strawberry Shortcake Bliss Balls – (V, RF, NF) With dehydrated strawberries for a sweet flavor.
Kids love them and more importantly, being nut free, these bliss balls make a safe and nutritious option to have at school or after school with friends. The perfect anytime healthy treat for kids. Get this recipe from The Cooking Collective here.
13. Gluten-Free Chocolate Applesauce Snack Cake (DF) – Healthy spice cake made with a wholesome grain-free flour blend.
Fluffy and lightly sweetened this spice cake will kick all other after school snacks out the door. Get the recipe from Meaningful Eats here.
14. Mango Coconut Bites – (V, SF, NF) Enjoy the taste of mango in these five-ingredient bites!
An easy no bake treat that can quickly be made in your food processor. Have your kids help roll these little balls for even more fun after school. Get The Almond Eater’s recipe here.
15. Gluten Free Vegan Banana Oatmeal Cookies – (V, RF) Soft, chewy, and perfectly sweet.
An after school snack that’s so healthy your kids could even enjoy them for breakfast. Find them on Rhian’s Recipes here.
16. Sugar-Free Apple Pie Bars – (V, SF) Soft, chewy bars that taste just like apple pie.
These sweet SUGAR FREE treats are sure to be one of your favorite after school snacks. Get the recipe from Veggie Inspired here.
17. Seed Butter Crisps – (V, RF, NF) Inspired by peanut brittle but much healthier.
This crunchy nut free after school snack is lightly sweetened and so delicious. Get Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie’s recipe here.
18. Berry Smoothie Blasts – (V, SF) A creamy frosty dairy free beverage.
19. Pear Chips – (V, NF, SF) One Ingredient, just fresh pears dehydrated into delicious pear chips!
If you want a true one ingredient healthy treat for your kiddos then this is it. Get the recipe from Beyond The Chicken Coop here.
20. Chocolate Tahini Smoothie – (V, SF) A healthy treat for kids sweetened only with bananas and dates.
This rich and creamy chocolate tahini smoothie will make your kids forget about milkshakes. It’s a much healthier treat to offer your kids and still so tasty with all the fruit. Get the recipe from Paleo Gluten Free Guy here.
Chocolate Dipped Banana Popsicles – (V, SF) Bananas that have been dunked in delicious chocolate.
This easy 4 ingredient recipe is the perfect gluten free treat and would be so fun to make with your kiddos after school. Find Wicked Spatula’s recipe here.
22. Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread – (DF, RF) Made with almond flour, tapioca flour, and coconut flour for the perfect texture.
Decadent as chocolate cake but refined sugar free and filled with zucchini. Sneak this in front of your kids after school and they won’t even know they’re eating something healthy. Find this recipe by Downshiftology here.
23. Banana Cinnamon Muffins – (V) A flavorful way to use up your brown bananas.
These flavorful muffins are the perfect after school snack for kids. They’re sweet but not too sugary. A much better option than store-bought muffins loaded with junk. Get Vegan with Curve’s recipe here.
24. Paleo Mug Muffin – (V, RF) An easy breakfast or snack that can quickly be made in the microwave.
If you want a quick after school snack that’s easy and healthy this is it. It doesn’t get easier than a 5-minute recipe. Get this Eat or Drink Recipe here.
25. Healthy Almond Butter and Jelly Energy Balls – (V, RF) Almond butter balls rolled around chia seed jelly, yum!
A delicious refined
26. Loaded Nut and Seed Granola Bars – (V, RF) This simple granola bar recipe is the ultimate protein-packed after school snack!
Each bite of this granola after school snack is loaded with wholesome ingredients like nuts, seeds, and oats that will fill you up and keep you going all day long. Find Stacy Homemaker’s recipe here.
27. Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Granola Bars – (V, RF, NF) Healthier than store-bought granola bars and way tastier.
These chewy granola bars are just as good as chocolate chip cookies but way better for your kids. Get The Fit Cookie’s recipe here.
28. Gluten Free Carrot Banana Bread – (V, RF, NF) A soft and delicious banana bread with some added veggies.
This soft and tasty carrot banana bread is such a yummy gluten free treat. It’s a healthy option for your kids because it doesn’t have any refined sugar. Get this Eat or Drink recipe here.
If you’ve enjoyed this post then don’t forget to scroll down to the comments section. Rate this post ☆☆☆☆☆ and let me know your questions, thoughts, and opinions. I love hearing from you!
Hit the share buttons for your gluten free friends!
You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and to see some social media exclusive recipes, tips, and giveaways.