These Gluten Free S’mores Bars are AMAZING! They’re like a luscious gluten-free S’mores cookie. They can be made with or without gluten or dairy depending on your allergy needs. It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare them and they only require a few ingredients.
This recipe is gluten, nut, and dairy free and can be made egg free and vegan-friendly depending on the brand of cookies and marshmallows you choose to use.
If you’ve just been making boring old campfire S’mores – you’re doing it wrong. Ok, sorry, that was dramatic. But once you try these Gluten Free S’mores Bars you’ll never see a S’more the same. What are these magical S’mores Cookie Bars? The bottom layer is crushed Partake Foods chocolate chip cookies, then comes dairy free chocolate, and lastly, they are topped with toasted marshmallows. Incredible.
This recipe is SO easy too! If you’re new to eating gluten and dairy free or if you’re just not a huge baker, trust me you can handle this recipe.
What’s Inside these Gluten Free S’mores Bars?
Here are some gluten free s’mores ideas to help you make the best bars. This recipe has so many substitution options so you can really make them your own. Below I’ll list the ingredients I used and offer some substitution ideas.
DON’T FORGET TO READ THE FULL RECIPE CARD PROVIDED BELOW WHEN YOU ARE MAKING THIS RECIPE. The recipe card contains the measurements and complete instructions. This section is simply an overview to help you in your baking venture.
Crushed Cookies: Typically S’mores have graham crackers. So the logical option for making gluten free s’mores bars would be crushed gluten free graham crackers, right? WRONG! I used crushed gluten free chocolate chip cookies. This idea started because I had an Ibotta coupon for Partake gluten free crunchy chocolate chip cookies, but it is now the only way I will make these bars. But I guess I should say, you can substitute any cookie or graham cracker to make your crust (and it will still probably be incredible).
Dairy Free Chocolate: I’m using dairy free chocolate chips in this recipe. You can really substitute any type of chocolate chip or chocolate bar you prefer.
Marshmallows: I’m just using standard store-brand mini marshmallows. If you are vegan or want a healthier option you can try Dandie’s Mini Marshmallows. They are vegan friendly, non-GMO, and contain no corn syrup.
Don’t Forget to Keep Track of Your Favorite Recipes with the EAT Journal
Don’t forget to keep track of your favorite recipes in your recipe and meal plan journal created by Eat or Drink. Buy your copy here on Amazon. Coming up with meals every single day is tricky. That’s why it helps to write down your favorites all in one place. You can also use this journal to plan your weekly meals and come up with your grocery lists too!
Want More From Eat or Drink?
Thanks for reading! If you’ve enjoyed this blog post please share it, leave a rating, and a comment to help other readers find it as well!
If you’re new to Eat or Drink, WELCOME! Below you’ll find my 5 most recent blog posts. Make sure you’re signed up for my newsletters so you receive an email whenever a new blog post comes out. You can also follow along on Instagram for more Eat or Drink content!
- High Protein Dairy Free Snacks
- Flavorful Italian Gluten-Free Meatballs (Dairy-Free too!)
- EAT – Recipe and Meal Plan Journal
- Nut-Free Snacks for School – Gluten + Dairy-Free Options
- Is Dunkin’ Pumpkin Spice Dairy Free? Dunkin’ Dairy Free Fall Guide 2022
Gluten Free S’mores Bars
- 5.5 ounces gluten free boxed cookies See blog post for details on which ones I used
- 5 tablespoons dairy free butter
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips *see notes below
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows See blog post for vegan option
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and melt your dairy free butter.
- Crush your gluten free cookies in a zip-lock bag. I just used the side of my rolling pin to crush them. You can also pulse them in a food processor. You're looking for a fine texture, but not as fine as sand. Some small chunks are ok and will add to the texture of your bars.
- Mix your crushed cookies with your melted butter.
- Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of an 8×8 square baking pan. If you want a thicker crust you can drop it down to a smaller baking pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crust is slightly golden and butter is bubbly.
- Top with dairy free chocolate chips then pop your pan under the broiler for a few seconds until the chocolate chips look soft. Pull it out and use a rubber spatula to spread out the chocolate.
- Top with an even layer of mini marshmallows then place under the broiler for a few seconds until the marshmallows are golden brown. Keep a close eye while doing this step, it happens quick.
- Let your pan cool then place it in the fridge until the chocolate is set and the crust is no longer warm. This can take about 2 hours. If they crumble when cutting you may need to refrigerate them longer.
- Cut your bars and store in an airtight container at room temperature.