This Gluten Free Strawberry Pop Tart is an easy pie crust pastry to make using Eat or Drink’s Gluten Free Vegan Pie Crust Recipe. If you want a delicious gluten free vegan pastry this gluten free
These Gluten Free Strawberry Pop Tarts are so delicious. The Gluten Free Vegan Pie Crust is so buttery and flaky. The strawberry center is not only one simple ingredient, but it also comes out so delicious. Then the icing on top will give you all the pop tart nostalgia from your childhood.
This Gluten Free Vegan Pastry is like a classic strawberry pop tart amped up to meet the needs of your adult taste buds.
If you are brand new to Eat or Drink be sure to sign up for the newsletter so you never miss a thing. Eat or Drink is my Food and Lifestyle blog with a focus on Allergy-Free eating and living. If you want to find more posts focused on the food aspect of Eat or Drink, just click here. If you want to find more posts focused on Allergy-Free Living, click here. Or if you want more lifestyle and faith-based posts, click here.
Freeze Ahead Tips for Pie Crust Pastry
If you’re anything like me then you keep a lot of desserts in your freezer. Almost every time bake I double the recipe and put about half of the dough in my freezer for later. My Gluten Free Vegan Pie Crust Recipe is no exception. Every time I make it I like to double the recipe and put half of the dough in the freezer. That way if I want to quickly make a gluten free vegan pastry I already have some pie crust on hand. It means recipes like this Gluten Free Strawberry Pop Tart will be so easy as if I bought store-bought pie crust dough, but way more delicious than if I bought store-bought pie crust dough.
Even if you don’t have a frozen Eat or Drink Pie Crust in your freezer right now, you can always make the pie crust ahead of time and store it in your fridge or freezer until you are ready to make this Pie Crust Pastry.
Guide to Assembling the Gluten Free Poptarts
Be sure to follow the instructions in the recipe card closely when assembling your gluten free poptarts. In order to assist the visual learners here is a small slideshow to demonstrate how I assembled these Gluten Free Strawberry Pop Tarts.
Gluten Free Strawberry Pop Tarts
- 1 Gluten Free Vegan Pie Crust <- click for recipe
- 5 tablespoons strawberry jelly
- 3 tablespoons melted dairy free butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon dairy free milk
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out your refrigerated pie crust dough into a rectangular shape about a 1/4 inch thick. For best results roll your dough out between two pieces of plastic wrap. After rolling out the dough remove the top layer of plastic wrap but leave the dough sitting on the other piece.
- Use a butter knife to draw lines into the dough that will define 10 rectangles (see pictures in the blog slide show for reference). Be sure you do not cut all the way through except for very small 1/4 inch slits at the very top of your pie crust on one side. These slits will help you know where to cut after folding the pie crust dough in half.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon strawberry jelly onto 5 of the rectangles on one side of the dough. Then with your hand under the plastic wrap fold the pie crust dough in half along the center line you created.
- Using your butter knife slice the dough into 5 pop tarts along the lines you created earlier. Place these pastries onto your lined baking sheet. Use a fork to press the edges together.
- Brush a light layer of melted dairy free butter onto each pastry. Place your baking sheet into the center of your preheated oven and bake for about 20 – 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Let cool completely once you remove them from the oven.
- Mix together your powdered sugar and dairy free milk to create your glaze. Use a spoon to spread onto each pastry after they have cooled completely.