These Gluten Free Sweet Potato Muffins are the perfect way to use up leftover sweet potatoes. This recipe with sweet potato mash is so soft and flavorful. It can also be made with canned pumpkin for a similar taste and texture. They are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, and nut free. This recipe is also suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Yes, it’s September, that means everyone is racing to the store for pumpkin. Well, I wanted to hold off just a little bit longer. Instead of making pumpkin muffins I made this recipe with sweet potato mash. This recipe was made from leftover sweet potatoes but you could easily use canned sweet potato puree or canned pumpkin puree.
These gluten free sweet potato muffins are the perfect way to tip-toe into Fall flavors. They are so moist and have such a warm flavor from the Cinnamon. They are also very similar to pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I like using sweet potato though because it’s a great way to use up leftover sweet potatoes that you baked or boiled the night before.
How to Make these Gluten Free Sweet Potato Muffins
These gluten free sweet potato muffins are incredibly easy to make. If you’re using my gluten free self rising flour blend there’s really only a few steps. Add your gluten free self rising flour blend into one bowl with your salt and cinnamon and whisk to combine. In another bowl mash up your sweet potato. If you have leftover sweet potatoes from the night before, even better. Then add in the rest of your wet ingredients and mix it up. Combine the two bowls then bake away.
If you make the self rising flour ahead of time and keep it on hand you don’t have to worry about mixing a bunch of different flours together
The following products are either brands or items I suggest using for these gluten free sweet potato muffins.
Eat or Drink’s Gluten Free Self-Rising Flour
Earth Balance Soy Free
Better Body Foods Coconut Sugar (the cheapest one I found on Amazon)
Pure Vanilla Extract
Enjoy Life Ch
Want the full shopping list for these gluten free sweet potato muffins? Find it on Amazon here. I am part of the Amazon affiliate program and that simply means at no additional cost to you I get a small commission when you use my links. It’s one little way I can continue to offer free recipes like this.
Gluten Free Sweet Potato Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups Eat or Drink’s gluten free self-rising flour blend <– click for recipe
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted dairy free butter
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened dairy free milk almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, rice milk, etc. will work
- 3/4 cup cooked and peeled sweet potato – canned pureed sweet potato works too
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a muffin pan.
- Whisk all of your dry ingredients and set aside. Whisk your wet ingredients in another bowl making sure to smooth out the sweet potato.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add chocolate chips and mix again just until combined.
- Scoop your muffin mix into your muffin pan using a size 40 cookie scoop or with two spoons. Fill each cup about 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake your muffins in the center of the oven for 25 – 27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center is no longer wet.
- To avoid soggy muffin bottoms flip your muffins out onto a towel and let them cool. Enjoy!
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to scroll down to the comments section. Rate this recipe ☆☆☆☆☆ and let me know your questions, thoughts, and opinions. I love hearing from you!
If you think your friends would love this recipe too, don’t forget to hit the share buttons below.
You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and to see some social media exclusive recipes, tips, and giveaways.
Wowwwwwww incredibly good !! Perfect
Yay!! So glad you loved them!! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means so much to me to hear your review!!