This Gluten Free Vanilla and Chocolate Muffin recipe is also dairy free, egg free, soy free, nut free and vegan.
This is another really easy muffin recipe. It has a few more ingredients than my Coconut Brownie Muffins but the steps are still so simple. I know that allergy-friendly baking can seem intimidating. You often need more ingredients to make up for what you don’t have. That’s why I really want to break this recipe down for you.
If you see the picture below, that’s essentially all you’ll need. If you read the recipe before starting, it can help a lot too. It’s always important to get your bowls and tools out and ready. If your ingredients aren’t very accessible, get those out as well. That way you can simply move from one step to the next. I like to put away my ingredients after using them. It’s just a great way to remove clutter and focus on the step you’re on (plus less clean up after).
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE RECIPE CARD BELOW, but in much simpler terms I’m going to break down the ingredients/steps to show you how easy it really is.
Blue Bowl: Prepare this bowl first by making your egg replacer.
Blue Floral Bowl: Prepare this second by melting your margarine in a microwave-safe bowl.
Yellow Bowl: Prepare this next by whisking all your liquids.
Silver Bowl: This is an easy one because your stand mixer does it for you. All you have to do is measure out the dry ingredients and add them to the bowl. I like to do this after liquids because it’s nice to leave an easy step for last.
Combine: Then you just combine the ingredients (according to the recipe below) and bake.
As you can see from the breakdown, just because there are more ingredients, the recipe is still simple. Yes, 5 ingredient recipes are fun and all, but will they always taste as good? Probably not. I like these muffins because they are simple but still soft and delicious. So moral of the story, don’t be intimidated by extra ingredients, just break it down and follow the steps. Before you know it, you’ll be eating delicious muffins! 🙂
Gluten Free Vanilla and Chocolate Muffin
- 1 tablespoon Ener-G egg replacer
- 1/4 cup water - For egg replacer
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 7 tablespoons melted margarine
- 6 tablespoons water - For the liquids
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cups Gluten Free Basic Flour Blend
- 1 ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and spray your muffin pan with oil.
- Whisk your egg replacer with your water and set aside to thicken while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Whisk together your almond milk, mayonnaise, cane sugar, brown sugar, melted margarine, water and vanilla. Make sure you break down any chunks of brown sugar.
- Add all your dry ingredients into your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Turn onto low and allow the dry ingredients to mix together for a few minutes or until combined. Pour in your egg replacer as well as the rest of your liquids. Mix on medium low just until combined. Add in chocolate chips and stir on low.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, fill up your muffin pan with the batter. You want to fill them pretty high, a little bit higher than 3/4 of the way up. Sprinkle with sugar and bake in the center of the oven for about 20 - 30 minutes. Cook time will vary slightly depending on your oven. The muffins are cooked when a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out dry.
- Ener-G Egg Replacer
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Smart Balance - for the margarine
- Just Mayo - for the mayonnaise
- The Real Pantry's Vanilla Sugar - for the sugar on top of muffins