These Grain Free Waffles are so tasty. They’re incredibly easy to make and perfect for a weekend breakfast. These waffles are grain free, gluten free, soy free, egg free, refined sugar-free, and nut free. They are also suitable for vegans and people following the paleo diet.
Waffles are probably my favorite breakfast food. Almost every weekend I like to make a delicious batch of waffles for Trevor and me to eat in bed. It’s a great lazy way to wake up on the weekend. I made these waffles because Trevor was cutting back on grains. They came out amazing! Both Trevor and I were obsessed and I know you will be too.
Finding a Waffle Maker
I love my waffle maker and have used it for a lot of years. Based on my experience with waffle makers here’s a list of some of the best ones on Amazon.
- Cuisinart Belgian Waffle Maker – This would be the perfect waffle maker. It’s a great size and has a square shape. It’s similar to the one I own, but it’s much cheaper. If my waffle maker broke I would get this one. Why? Because it has removable plates making it easy to clean. Trust me, you’ll hate not having that (I would know).
- Hamilton Beach Waffle Maker – This one is a great cheap option.
- Hamilton Beach Waffle Maker 2 squares – This is the cheapest option of all and is perfect if you only need 2 squares.
All the Waffles
These Grain Free Waffles are definitely awesome. But if you want more gluten free waffles I have a lot more recipes you can choose from. I love how versatile waffles are. They’re the perfect jumping-off point for a delicious treat. Below are some of the other waffle recipes you can find on Eat or Drink.
If you like posts like this don’t forget to let me know in the comment section down at the bottom of the page. I’m always interested in your questions, thoughts, and opinions! Your thoughts help me know what content to keep creating. If you think your friends would love this post too, don’t forget to hit the share buttons at the bottom of the post.
- 1 cup Otto’s Cassava Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 1/4 cup melted dairy free butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- Preheat your waffle maker and grease with a small amount of dairy free butter or cooking spray.
- Whisk your cassava flour and baking soda together in a medium-sized bowl. In another bowl whisk your dairy free milk, melted dairy free butter, coconut sugar, and ground flax. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Let the waffle batter sit for about 3 minutes. Allowing it to sit will help all the ingredients come together. Spoon the waffle batter into your waffle maker and cook according to your waffle maker instructions for about 7 minutes.
- Enjoy your waffles topped with a big smear of dairy free butter. I topped mine with a nice spoon of dairy free yogurt and some carob chips.