This roasted chickpea recipe is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, nut free and vegan.
Roasted chickpeas are the perfect snack. They’re crunchy, salty plus they’re loaded with protein. It’s always great to have a snack loaded with protein. Instead of just eating empty calories, these roasted chickpeas will actually fill you up and keep you full longer. I’m sure you’ve seen chickpea snacks in stores. They’re so easy to make though and it’ll save you a lot of money!
Roasted chickpeas can be flavored so many different ways. This chickpea recipe I’m sharing today is a zesty chili powder flavor. Not spicy, but very flavorful! Another benefit of these chickpeas is that they’re low in oil. Unlike most snacks, these chickpeas only have a tablespoon of coconut oil for a whole batch. So not only are they low in oil, but they only contain healthy oil.
This is another fun healthy gluten free snack you could make with your kids. There’s really only a couple steps to throw these together. The main step is mixing in seasoning and kids love mixing stuff! You can even let your kids help you pick out what seasonings to use.
Roasted Chickpea Snack
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons The Real Pantry Chili Powder Blend
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas and spread out on a towel. You can either let them sit for a couple hours to dry or just roll them around in the towel for a few minutes until dry.
- Pour the chickpeas and coconut oil and a bowl and mix to coat chickpeas with oil. Then sprinkle in all of your seasonings and mix well to coat evenly.
- Spread onto your baking sheet in a flat layer.
- Bake in the center of your oven for about 20 - 30 minutes or until crispy. Check on them periodically to make sure they don't get too hard.