These Mini Vegan Chocolate Cheesecakes with SunButter are so creamy and flavorful. They have a gluten free cookie crust that’s so easy to make. If you want delicious no bake vegan cheesecakes with a delicious nutty flavor you need to try this recipe. This SunButter recipe is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, and nut free. It is also suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
There’s nothing better than peanut butter and chocolate. Or so I hear. I really wouldn’t know because I can’t have peanuts. But I do know SunButter and chocolate is a dreamy combo. This recipe with SunButter is a delicious peanut-free option that still tastes rich and nutty but contains no nuts. You can make these mini vegan chocolate cheesecakes in no time at all and have a delicious nut-free treat for you and your family.
The Simplicity of No Bake Vegan Cheesecakes
It’s easy to make no bake vegan cheesecakes because you don’t have to worry about the eggs as you would when making a traditional cheesecake. Traditionally, cheesecake is essentially made by making a cream cheese custard. You’re using eggs to create a creamy texture that will set when baked and cooled.
Well, making a vegan chocolate cheesecake is a whole different game. The chocolate and cocoa butter are what give these no bake cheesecakes the proper texture. Both these ingredients harden when refrigerated. By mixing them with creamy ingredients like the vegan cream cheese they don’t get completely hard but they do set to the proper texture when refrigerated.
What is SunButter?
When I was a kid SunButter was my go-to seed butter. My Mom wasn’t sure if I could have any nuts so she always used SunButter for recipes. When I got older we confirmed I could have most nuts besides peanuts. I now enjoy almond butter and cashew butter often, but I still think SunButter is the most similar to peanut butter.
SunButter is my personal favorite brand of sunflower seed butter. They have a lot of different options like sugar-free, organic, creamy, crunchy, etc. For these mini vegan chocolate
How to Make the Gluten Free Cookie Crust
There are a few options when it comes to the cookie crust. I chose to use the homemade cookies I had on hand from my Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe. These cookies are easy to make and can be frozen to be eaten anytime or to be used for this recipe. If you do make a big batch and freeze them just be sure to defrost completely before attempting to make this recipe.
If you don’t want to use homemade cookies for the crust, here are a few other options:
Enjoy Life Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cybele’s Free to Eat Chocolate Chunk Cookies
You can make a granola crust as I did in this recipe.
You can also make a traditional graham cracker crust using gluten free graham crackers.
Can’t have chocolate?
No problem. I’ve made this recipe with both carob chips and chocolate chips and both ways come out delicious. You can find vegan carob chips on Amazon here. If you’d like vegan chocolate chips you can find them on Amazon here. Please note all Amazon links in this post are connected to my Amazon affiliate account. That means at no additional cost to you I make a very small commission when you use my link. Affiliate links are one little way that bloggers like myself can continue to offer free content on a regular basis.
Suggested Items For This Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe:
White Cupcake Liners
Reusable Bag for crushing cookies
Wooden Pounder for crushing cookies
Want to see the entire shopping list for these Mini Vegan Chocolate Cheesecakes with Sunbutter? Click here.
Mini Vegan Chocolate Cheesecakes with Sunbutter
- 1 1/4 cup smashed soft baked cookies
- 1/4 cup melted dairy free butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake Filling with Sunbutter
- 1/2 cup vegan carob or chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter wafers
- 1/2 cup natural sunbutter no sugar added
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a ziplock bag or reusable bag smash your soft baked cookies. You don't need them to be overly smashed to complete crumbs. They just need to be broken up.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together smashed cookies, melted dairy free butter, and coconut sugar. Press this mixture into the bottom of each of your liners and place the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes. This will prevent your cookies from becoming mushy when you pour on the next ingredients.
- Near the end of the 30 minutes you can start to prepare the rest of the ingredients. Melt your chocolate chips and cocoa butter wafers on the stove-top over medium low heat. Pour the melted ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and add in your Sunbutter and vegan cream cheese. Use a whisk to mix very well until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into your paper liners on top of the smashed cookies. Place the muffin pan in the fridge for about 30 minutes to an hour or until they are completely set.
- Optional: Melt some additional chocolate chips and drizzle that and some Sunbutter on top.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to scroll down to the comments section. Rate this recipe ☆☆☆☆☆ and let me know your questions, thoughts, and opinions. I love hearing from you!
If you think your friends would love this recipe too, don’t forget to hit the share buttons below.