This Recipe Is Free of gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, and nuts. It is also vegan.
*Note Little Secret’s chocolates do contain soy lecithin.
These are the perfect gluten-free and vegan chocolate cookie. They’re rich and buttery tasting with the perfect chewy crunchy texture. They are not dry AT ALL! Which is a big deal for a gluten and egg free cookie. Anybody with or without allergies would be impressed by these cookies.
Why have I been MIA? Well… for a long time I felt God telling me to put my blog on the altar. Well not so much the alter, but more on the shelf. I felt him saying, “not now”. With good reason, as I had a lot to sort out in my life. Now it seems he has put it back in front of me and is saying, “ok, go ahead, give it all you got”. So, that’s what I’m doing! You’ll see me posting weekly now and adding a lot of new content to my Instagram (@eatordrink) as well. I’m excited to really dive back into my blogging journey. I’m also looking forward to getting back into the community of online food bloggers. Please feel free to comment or message me anytime, even if you just want to say hi. I’m a social person and I don’t just come on here to post. I also come on to connect with other people with like interests.
Let’s talk about these M&M Style Cookies! I am so happy I found the Little Secrets chocolates. They are so delicious! Way better than normal M&Ms AND no added junk. They don’t even have any food coloring! Pleases note, they do have soy lecithin. If this bothers you, you can use allergy-friendly chocolate chips instead. Equal Exchange and Enjoy Life are two good brands of chocolate chips.
Freezing Cookie Dough
A great tip for making the most out of your baking is to double the recipe and freeze half of the dough for later. Here’s how to do it.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon on your cookies. It does not matter how far apart you space them since you will not be baking them right away.
- Put the baking sheet in the freezer until cookie dough is completely frozen.
- Pull cookies off the baking sheet and put in a freezer bag. Be sure to keep them in one layer to avoid getting them stuck together.
- When you are ready to bake them you can defrost then bake. When I’m lazy I skip defrosting and put them right into the oven. This results in a slightly softer, less crispy cookie.
A delicious gluten-free and vegan M&M style cookie. Using Little Secret's Chocolates for a delicious and clean twist. Crunchy on the edges and chewy in the center. The perfect cookie.
- 3 3/4 cup Gluten Free Cookie Flour Blend
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup melted dairy free butter
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 bag Little Secret's chocolate candies
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Ener-g egg-replacer
- 6 tablespoons warm water
Preheat oven to 350° F. Cover 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Whisk together ingredients to make egg and set aside.
Whisk together cookie flour blend, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Pour your egg replacer, margarine, and oil into stand mixer. With the paddle attachment beat on medium until completely combined and slightly fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add your sugars into the stand mixer and beat on medium for 2 minutes or until combined very well.
Turn off the mixer and add in your dry ingredients. Scrape down the sides if necessary then turn the mixer onto low until combined.
- With the mixer turned onto low add in Little Secrets chocolates. Don't over mix at this phase, just mix until combined.
Use a 4 oz cookie scoop or two tablespoons to spoon your cookies onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet. The cookies do spread so leave about 2 1/2 inches in between each cookie.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes depending on the amount of crispiness you desire. Keep in mind though they will solidify more once they are out of the oven. If you have more than one tray in the oven be sure to rotate positions halfway through. I usually bake until they are golden brown on edges and are not wet to touch in the center.
- Let cool completely on a wired cooling rack and then enjoy!