This One Pot Pasta is gluten free, dairy free, soy free and egg free.
I hope you all had a great Valentine’s Day. Whether or not you got to go on a date, it’s a good day to love on those around us. It’s also as good a day as any to remember how much Christ loves us. Even though Valentine’s day is over, it doesn’t mean the love has to end. If you’re looking to put a smile on your loved one’s face, this is the perfect dinner. Not only will it make them smile, but it’ll make you smile too because it’s so easy. That’s why I was excited to get in on this “one pot pasta” band wagon. One pot means less dishes, and that’s always a plus in my mind.
Not only is this gluten free one pot pasta nice because it’s easy. It also is super flavorful. Adding the pasta right into the pot with the rest of your ingredients creates a very flavorful pasta. This gluten free pasta recipe also has a really nice creamy texture. Sometimes dairy free cheeses can become gooey when mixed with pasta. Not this recipe! The combination of the stock, dairy free yogurt and just a little dairy free cheese creates a really nice sauce.
The spinach and roasted red peppers play really nice in this pasta. They both bring such great flavors to the dish. Even better, they bring nice colors. It’s true that we eat with our eyes first. That’s why this dish would be perfect for a dinner party. You’ll impress your friends (and you’ll be the only one who knows how easy it was). 🙂
One Pot Pasta
- 12 ounce package pre-cooked chicken sausage - I used a wild mushroom flavor
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - for cooking sausage
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 - 3 slices of roasted red peppers in oil
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 cup dairy free unsweetened plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup dairy free mozzarella style shreds
- 3 cups uncooked gluten free fusilli pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - add more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper - add more to taste
- 1 pinch of chili flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil - for pasta
- 5 ounce bag of baby spinach
- 1/4 cup sweet condiment vinegar - optional
- First prep all ingredients. Slice sausage into half inch chunks. Roughly chop roasted red pepper slices. Smash and dice up garlic.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high. Add in your oil and sausage. Cook your sausage while stirring occasionally until slightly brown on edges. Remove from your pan and set aside.
- With the heat still on, add 1 quart chicken stock and use a wooden spoon to scrape up sausage bits. Add in roasted red peppers, garlic, dairy free yogurt and dairy free cheese. Use a whisk or a wooden spoon to mix in very well. Mix until cheese melts and yogurt combines with chicken stock.
- Add in your pasta and stir to combine. Also add in your seasonings and olive oil but do not add in your vinegar yet. Turn the heat up to high and bring your liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low or until the liquid is at a fast simmer. Cover at a slant so that some steam is able to escape. Cook for about 7-10 minutes or until your pasta is almost al dente. Keep testing your pasta until it reaches this point, gluten free pasta has a tendency to overcook suddenly.
- When pasta is almost cooked add in your spinach, as well as the sausage you set aside. Cover completely and turn the heat down to low. Cook just until spinach is wilted and pasta is cooked through. This usually takes around 5 minutes.
- Optional: Once heat is off stir in your sweet vinegar to brighten up the flavors.
- Serve while warm and enjoy!