These Oreo Marshmallow Bars are gluten free, dairy free, egg free, nut free and vegan.
Happy Friday, friends! I’m coming at you with one of the easiest desserts that are beyond delicious. It is the perfect dessert to bring to any party. Or just make for yourself when you’re craving something yummy. These are made very similar to rice crispy bars. Instead of puffed rice cereal, I used gluten-free Oreos. I also used vegan marshmallows to make these vegan-friendly.
Typically marshmallows are made with gelatin, which of course is not vegan. For these vegan oreo marshmallow bars, I chose to use Dandies vanilla marshmallows. They are completely vegan. They do however contain soy. Soy is not a major allergy for me so I chose to use Dandies. If soy is a major allergy go ahead and get regular marshmallows (as long as you’re not vegan).
Gluten Free Oreos
I know I keep calling them Oreos but oreo is actually a name brand. Oreo’s does not make gluten-free Oreos, however, there are other companies that have mimicked the oreo and made gluten-free versions. There are a few out there but my absolute favorite is Kinnikinnick Kinnitoos Sandwich Cookies Chocolate Crème (long name, but delicious cookies!). Also if you ever want to try their vanilla flavored sandwich cookies, those are also incredible and would go great with this recipe.
Oreo Marshmallow Bars
- 1 8 oz bag gluten free oreo style cookies
- 1 10 oz bag vegan marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon dairy free butter
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Spray a 9x9 inch pan with cooking spray or a small amount of dairy-free butter and set aside.
- Pulse up your cookies in a blender or food processor. You want the majority to be in very small crumbled pieces, but some random large chunks are ok and taste good.
- Melt your marshmallows and dairy free butter in a microwave-safe bowl until they are fluffy and melted all the way through.
- Quickly mix your cookies into your melted marshmallows. You may need to use your hands to mix thoroughly.
- Press the mixture into your pan using your hands.
- Let sit for about an hour until they are completely cooled and solid. Remove from your pan and cut into squares.