I’m so surprised this is my first time posting a mug muffin or mug cake recipe because I actually make them all the time. I usually make mug cakes in the evening when I’m craving something sweet. This one is perfect for breakfast because It’s loaded with protein from the almond flour and almond butter making it the perfect microwave muffin breakfast.
How to Make This
Grain Free Mug Muffin
I recently got a Costco membership and was so happy to see their big bag of almond flour. I’m not paleo but since I’m gluten free I really enjoy making paleo mug cakes. It’s a great way to enjoy a quick treat without always consuming grains.
It’s so incredibly simple to make this Paleo Mug Muffin. Be sure to read the recipe card for the full instructions. But let me just outline how simple this microwave breakfast recipe really is…
Grab your favorite large mug and grease it with any type of oil.
Add all of your ingredients to the mug.
Mix VERY well.
Top with chocolate chips, nuts, almond butter, maple syrup, or whatever your heart desires.
Enjoy! Yes, that’s all it takes. It’s the perfect microwavabale breakfast recipe. An amazing single serve Paleo Mug Muffin that’s also vegan in 6 minutes or less.
If you’ve enjoyed this 5 Minute Muffin recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to scroll down to the comments section. Rate this recipe ☆☆☆☆☆ and let me know your questions, thoughts, and opinions. I love hearing from you!
If you think your friends would love this microwave muffin recipe too, don’t forget to hit the share buttons below. Want more paleo mug cake recipes? Let me know what you’re craving down below!
You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and to see some social media exclusive recipes, tips, and giveaways.
Want more recipes like this paleo mug muffin? You may like the following:
Easy Grain Free Bagel
Protein Cookie Bars
Grain Free Waffles
Cassava Flour Biscuits
Paleo Mug Muffin
- 4 tablespoons superfine almond flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ½ tablespoon agave, maple syrup, or honey for non-vegans – it’s not very sweet with this amount, if you want a sweeter muffin double or triple the amount
- 1 sprinkle cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- For this microwave breakfast you'll need to lightly grease a large microwave-safe coffee mug.
- Add all ingredients into your mug and mix very well with a spoon. It won’t look right at first but as the almond butter breaks down it will become the perfect texture.
- Microwave for 30 seconds to start with and if necessary at more time in 15-second intervals. Your mug muffin is done when it has risen slightly and is no longer wet.
*Optional* Once it is almost done microwaving, top with a handful of chocolate chips and microwave for a few seconds just to melt the chocolate chips.
- You can top with more almond butter if you'd like. Enjoy your paleo mug muffin right away while it is still warm.
I love this muffin! It was so good!
I’m obsessed with that bag of almond flour from Costco as well! I didn’t think to use it for mug cakes! Great idea and trying this soon!
Yes! It’s such a good price I always have it on hand! So this is the perfect quick snack or breakfast to make with it 🙂
Love mug muffins and this one was so delicious and easy!
Glad you liked it!
I’m always looking for new mug recipes…this is a winner! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Yay glad you found it!
YUM. There are so few gluten free mug cake recipes, so thank you!! This looks delish
You’re so welcome! Happy to share this one!
Fantastic, fast, and easy! I’ve used it as a base to add raw cacao and walnuts to, added spices and grated carrot, used stevia leaf for sweetener for zero glucose. Excellent and healthy every time! Thank you!
Oh I love those ideas!! Thanks for taking the time to share. 🙂 If you haven’t already, make sure you join my newsletter fam so you stay updated on any new posts.