The Perfect Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Cupcake are dairy free, soy free, egg free and nut free.
This is literally the perfect gluten free and vegan chocolate cupcake. It is so soft and fluffy. The texture of the cupcake is like a soft airy pillow. Trust me, that’s a good thing. The frosting is rich and creamy and also completely dairy free. This recipe uses my Gluten Free Cake Flour Blend. If you already have a big batch of this flour blend on hand, then this recipe is so easy.
What makes this Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Cupcake perfect?
What goes into making these cupcakes so perfect? Two things. Of course in baking, it’s a science, so every ingredient and measurement matters. However, there are two things in this recipe that really offer the perfect soft texture.
Ok, ok I know this sounds like a weird ingredient for a cupcake. You have to trust me though. Adding just a little bit of vegan mayonnaise adds the perfect amount of moisture.
If you aren’t sure which brand of vegan mayonnaise to choose. I advise either going for Follow Your Heart or Just Mayo. Both work great. I have been favoring Just Mayo lately because it is a little cheaper and you can purchase it at Walmart or Amazon.
My cake flour recipe is a major key to the fluffy texture of these gluten free and vegan cupcakes fluffy. A lot of people like to ask about substitutions, which I don’t mind. But I’m going to tell you right now this is the flour blend you need to use if you want fluffy gluten free and vegan cupcakes.
The high amounts of potato starch and tapioca starch are what give this gluten free cake flour the perfect texture. Those starches provide a nice and airy texture that you really want in a gluten free cupcake.
If you’ve tried The Perfect Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Cupcake or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe ☆☆☆☆☆ and let me know your questions, thoughts, and opinions in the comments below. I love hearing from you! If you think your friends would love this recipe too, don’t forget to hit the share buttons below too.
The Perfect Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Cupcake
Chocolate Cupcake Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners inside your muffin pan.
- Whisk your egg replacer and water very well and set aside.
- Melt your dairy free butter and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl whisk your dry ingredients very well making sure all ingredients are combined and there are no chunks.
- In a small bowl whisk your dairy free butter, cane sugar, almond milk, vegan mayonnaise, and vanilla extract very well. Once combined add in your egg replacer mixture and mix one more time until combined.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add in about a 1/4 cup of your dry ingredients and about a 1/4 cup of your wet ingredients. Turn on to medium-low until combined. Now alternate adding about a 1/4 cup of both dry and wet, beginning and ending with your dry ingredients. Be sure to mix on medium-low until completely combined every time you add ingredients and use a rubber spatula if you need to scrape down the sides. Once all ingredients are added mix one last time on medium-low until completely combined and smooth. Remove the bowl from your stand mixer and use a rubber spatula to reach down to the bottom of the bowl and ensure everything has mixed properly.
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop to fill your cupcake liners. Unlike gluten-full cupcakes, you want to fill these up almost to the top. Leaving only about a 1/4 inch of space left at the top. See pictures in blog post for an example.
- Bake in the center of your oven for about 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry. Let cool completely on a cooling rack before removing from pan and frosting.
Chocolate Frosting Instructions
- While they are cooling you can make your frosting. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add in your shorting and butter. Turn your stand mixer onto medium and mix until they are fluffy. Add in your powdered sugar, salt, and chocolate powder and mix on medium-low until combined. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the edges then add in your dairy-free creamer and vanilla and mix on medium-low eventually turning it up to medium until everything is combined and fluffy. Scrape down the edges and spread onto your cooled cupcakes.
Want more yummy dessert recipes? Be sure to check out some of my lovely food blogger friends who created some great dessert recipes. All of the following dessert recipes are vegan, but please read the ingredient list carefully as they are not all free of the allergens I avoid.