This Recipe Is: Free of gluten, dairy, soy, eggs and peanuts. It is also vegan.
Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday! I know Sunday can definitely bring mixed feelings. Like oh yay it’s still the weekend, but also oh boy tomorrow is Monday. That’s ok! It’s a good day to remember to live in the moment. Enjoy your Sunday. Enjoy your time at church in fellowship. Enjoy your time with family relaxing. And don’t even think about how busy your week is about to be. 🙂
Anywho… if you guys have been watching my Instagram stories – which you definitely should if you like to see behind the scenes stuff – you’ll know that I’ve had quite the drama with this pumpkin pie. I had a very nice follower request that I make a vegan pumpkin cheesecake. Well I love getting requests and I was very excited to start recipe testing. Except it has been quite difficult! Last weekend was the first time I tried making it and I made mini pumpkin cheesecakes with a cookie crust. Unfortunately they just weren’t that good. The cookie crust was kind of blah and the pumpkin part was too soft.
Well I made it again in a different way this weekend and it tastes INCREDIBLE! BUT it tastes like and has the texture of pumpkin pie. Not pumpkin cheesecake. So here is an incredible pumpkin pie recipe, not pumpkin cheesecake. Oh well I guess that’s how recipe testing goes sometimes!
This pumpkin pie really is amazing. The crunchy buttery crust goes sooo well with the soft and fluffy filling. I’ve made a pumpkin pie before (on purpose) and this accidental pie is actually much better. This will be great for Thanksgiving. Even your normal non-allergy family members will love it!
Once again I am using some awesome The Real Pantry products. I’m using the Vanilla Cinnamon Sugar right on top and the Pumpkin Pie Spice on the inside! Both are soo incredible. I’m ashamed to say I have poured the Vanilla Cinnamon Sugar directly into my mouth… multiple times… oops. 🙂
Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker CrustPrint This
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup cashews
1 can pumpkin puree
1/4 cup cocoa butter wafers
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon The Real Pantry pumpkin pie spice – see link above
1 tablespoon honey
1 pinch of salt
1 package Kinnikinnick S’moreables – or any gluten free graham crackers
1/4 cup brown sugar
6 tablespoons soy free margarine – Earth Balance or Smart Balance work well
The Real Pantry’s Vanilla Cinnamon Sugar
- Soak oats and cashews in a bowl of water overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Smash the graham crackers in a ziplock bag or pulse in a food processor. You don’t want them to be blended until they are completely dust. Some small chunks are good.
- Melt the margarine and mix that into the smashed graham crackers along with the brown sugar. Mix until completely combined then press into a 9″ springform pan. Use your hand to really press it down flat.
- Bake the crust for 7 – 10 minutes or until it has browned slightly. It will solidify more as it cools out of the oven.
- Melt the cocoa butter and coconut oil in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- In a blender, blend the soaked and drained oats and cashews, pumpkin puree, melted cocoa butter and coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice, honey and salt. Blend until completely smooth.
- Spread the pumpkin pie mixture onto your cooled pie crust then sprinkle on the vanilla cinnamon sugar.
- Refrigerate until it firms up.