This Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad with a dairy free creamy hummus sauce is so versatile and easy! You can eat it as a cold pasta salad or serve it while warm for a cozy meal. You can also mix-it-up by adding in your own favorite roasted vegetables. This recipe is dairy free, soy free, egg free, and nut free. I made mine gluten free with gluten free pasta.
I love meals that have options, and when it comes to this pasta you can really change it up however you like. When I made it I enjoyed some warm and some cold and it’s so delicious each way. I chose to use roasted asparagus and radishes but you can use any vegetable you prefer.
Are You New to Eat or Drink?
Before I continue with this Roasted Vegetable Pasta Recipe, let me just say a quick welcome to anyone who’s new to Eat or Drink. I’m Emily, and this is my food and lifestyle blog. You’ll find recipes for special diets and allergies, tips for tight budgets, friendly inspiration from a fellow Christian mom and wife, and so much more.
How to Make the Dairy Free Hummus Sauce
Obviously be sure to read the recipe card down below for all ingredients and instructions. This section is simply to discuss some key ingredients and why I chose them.
I wanted to create a light lemony sauce to go with this roasted vegetable pasta salad, but I also wanted something creamy. I decided to add in some hummus because lemon and hummus pair so well together. The result is a flavorful and creamy sauce that is delicious warm or cold.
The sauce contains hummus, mayonnaise (you can use vegan mayo if you’re egg free), lemon juice, coconut sugar for a touch of sweetness (regular sugar is also an option), and lots of yummy seasoning.
If I don’t have pre-cooked chicken how should I make it?
My Roasted Vegetable Pasta calls for pre-cooked shredded chicken. When I make a meal like this I like to plan ahead so I can use leftovers. So let’s say Monday I make my whole chicken, well Tuesday I can make this pasta with the leftovers.
Of course, if you didn’t plan ahead you can just cook up some chicken. I suggest using breasts. You can boil them for a quick easy method. Just make sure you don’t over-cook them (165°F is perfect for chicken). You can also season with salt, pepper, a little garlic powder, and onion powder and bake at 400°F until heated to an internal temp of 165°F (about 20-25 mins).
The Easiest Way to Shred Chicken
Guys this technique is amazing. If you have a stand mixer, fit it with the paddle attachment and place your whole chicken breasts in. Turn it on to about medium speed and just let it do its thing. In 30 seconds to a minute, you’ll have perfectly shredded chicken. No more struggling with forks!
Tag @eatordrink on Instagram
When you make this recipe make sure to post a pic on your Instagram account and tag @eatordrink! I LOVE seeing your creations, it’s probably the best part of blogging.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad (serve it warm or cold)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sprinkle of salt + pepper – to taste
- 3 cups uncooked pasta – gluten free or regular
Dairy Free Hummus Sauce
- 1/4 cup hummus – plain or garlic hummus works best, other flavors may be too overpowering
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise – vegan mayonnaise works if you are egg free
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice – about 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut sugar – regular sugar works fine too
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup pre-cooked and shredded chicken – see blog post for cooking ideas
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Add your oil to a baking sheet. Chop your veggies and add them to the baking sheet with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Mix to coat with oil evenly. Bake vegetables for about 20 minutes or until cooked and lightly crisp. You want them to have a nice roasted flavor.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta according to package instructions.
- While your pasta is cooking mix the ingredients together for your dairy free hummus sauce.
- Once the pasta is cooked drain it, but don't rinse it. While it's still warm mix it with the hummus sauce.
- Once the vegetables are roasted add them to the pasta along with the shredded chicken. Mix well to combine. You can serve while still warm or you can refrigerate and serve later cold. If you need to refrigerate it but want to eat it warm later you can microwave it as is or heat it in a pan on your stovetop with a small bit of water so the sauce doesn't dry out.
Don’t Miss My Most Recent Blog Posts
If you’re new to Eat or Drink, WELCOME! Below you’ll find my 5 most recent blog posts.
- Healthy One-Pan Sausage and Gnocchi Dinner with a Dairy Free Cream Sauce
- Cinnamon Raisin Breakfast Quinoa with Coconut Milk (Made in a Rice Cooker)
- 10 Gluten Free Snack Bars that Don’t Taste Like Cardboard
- Be Transformed: A Look at Romans 12:2
- Chocolate Chunk Grain-Free Cookies (almond and coconut flour)