This Roasted Zucchini is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free and nut free.
Hi guys! I’m coming at you again with another easy vegetable side dish. Too often, the veggies are the forgotten part of a meal. That shouldn’t be the case though! This dairy-free roasted zucchini is a great recipe to have on deck for any meal. It is easy to prep and bake but has such a great flavor.
Slicing the Zucchini
An important part of this recipe is the way the zucchini is sliced and laid out on your pan. If you were to just chop the zucchini into chunks and plop them onto a pan, you would end up with soft watery zucchini. By slicing these into circles no wider than 1/4 inch, you end up with slightly crispy zucchini. It’s also important to leave space between each one when baking. This allows the water to cook out, leaving these little guys with a great texture and flavor.
Seasoning the Zucchini
I think so many kids and even adults don’t like their veggies because of lack of seasoning. Don’t ignore your poor veggies, they need seasoning just like anything else. Let’s talk about turmeric. It seems to be growing in popularity lately. But some families still seem to ignore it. Turmeric is not just for curry, folks! Turmeric has a delicious savory flavor and is great in so many foods. I especially like pairing it with nutritional yeast. Together the two create a tasty dairy-free cheese flavor.
- 1 large zucchini (or 2 small zucchinis)
- Cooking Spray
- 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Slice zucchini pieces about 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick. Lay the zucchini slices onto the parchment paper. Making sure you leave space between each slice.
- Spray the top of your zucchini with another thin layer of cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with your seasonings.
- Bake in the center of your oven for about 30 - 45 minutes or until the edges are slightly crispy.