This Rosemary Honey Bread is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free and nut free.
Hi friends! Gluten-free bread can be hard to tackle. In fact, even gluten-full bread is hard to tackle. Most of us home-bakers are not very keen on using yeast. That’s why I gear towards making a quick bread. They are easy to make (even gluten-free) and have a great soft texture. Quick bread is delicious and this gluten-free vegan Rosemary Honey Bread is no exception. It gets an incredible flavor from the rosemary, honey, and olive oil. It’s salty and slightly sweet, perfect for breakfast or even as a side to your meals.
What is a Quick Bread
A quick bread is, well, a quick bread. It’s any bread that does not use eggs or yeast as the rising agents. This makes baking them much easier. You don’t have to deal with kneading any dough, letting anything rise, or any of the other struggles that yeast brings to the table. Even if you have never heard the name quick bread, I’m sure you have seen or eaten a quick bread. Bread like cornbread or zucchini bread are two popular ones that come to mind. The process for making quick bread is closer to that of making muffins than it is to baking yeast-risen bread. They usually yield a softer texture than a yeast filled bread that is similar to muffins as well.
Gluten-Free Flour Used
For this rosemary honey bread, I am using Eat or Drink’s gluten-free self-rising flour blend recipe. It makes this gluten-free rosemary honey bread recipe so easy. As with most gluten-free baking, I’m using a blend of multiple flours to get the perfect texture. Blending those flours can be a bit time-consuming, that’s why I suggest having large batches of your flour blends on hand at all times.
The self-rising flour blend recipe is especially convenient as it already contains your baking powder, baking soda, and xanthan gum. Keep a big container of this on hand and when it’s time to bake you can just scoop it out and move on to the next step.
If you’ve tried this Rosemary Honey Bread or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe ☆☆☆☆☆ and let me know your questions, thoughts, and opinions in the comments, I love hearing from you! If you think your friends would love this recipe too, don’t forget to share it out.
Rosemary Honey Bread
- 2 1/2 cups Eat or Drink’s gluten free self-rising flour blend - click for recipe
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons organic dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 12 oz dairy free yogurt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Sprinkled on Top
- 1/2 teaspoon organic dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a bread pan with a small amount of olive oil or dairy free butter.
- Using a food processor or a hand operated coffee grinder, grind up your rosemary.
- In a large bowl whisk the self-rising flour, ground flax seeds, rosemary, and salt until combined well. Remove about a 1/2 cup of the dry ingredients and set aside in a smaller bowl.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk your milk, yogurt, olive oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar.
- Make a well in the center of your larger bowl of dry ingredients. Add all of your liquids and stir until combined. Then add in your reserved 1/2 cup of dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spread the mixture into your bread pan and sprinkle with the rosemary and salt. Press lightly with your hand to make sure the rosemary sticks.
- Bake in the center of your oven for about 45 - 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry. Let cool completely, slice, and enjoy!