These Salted Chocolate Almond Butter Balls are so easy to make and are an all-time favorite of mine. They are an easy
Time for a cliche food blogger back story before I share this easy grain free dessert recipe. These Almond Butter Balls have a very special place in my heart. A lot of you probably don’t know that prior to eatordrink.net, Eat or Drink was a physical business. I was creating and packaging baked goods in my home and selling them to a local grocery store. It was very fun and exciting selling my treats like that. I loved knowing that people were able to enjoy my treats. These Salted Chocolate Almond Butter Balls were always flying off the shelves.
Why did I stop selling my baked goods like that? There was a lot I didn’t like about that type of business. I didn’t like dealing with packaging or labeling each individual product. I also didn’t like that apart from giving out samples, I never got to engage with my customers. That’s a huge reason I turned to the online world. With eatordrink.net I’m able to share recipes and then actually talk to you guys through comments, messages, Instagram, and Facebook. Instead of just pushing out a product I get to help you guys become the best bakers/cooks you can be. I love engaging with my followers and when you’re just selling a product you don’t get very much of that.
So that’s the story behind my Salted Chocolate Almond Butter Balls. I’ve wanted to share this recipe with you guys for so long and I’m shocked I’m just now getting around to it. The center of these almond butter balls tastes just like a peanut butter cookie (but almond instead of peanut of course). These are the perfect easy grain free dessert. I ate this whole batch in 2 days. They’re that good.
If you like posts like this don’t forget to let me know in the comment section down at the bottom of the page. I’m always interested in your questions, thoughts, and opinions! Your thoughts help me know what content to keep creating. If you think your friends would love this post too, don’t forget to hit the share buttons at the bottom of the post.
Salted Chocolate Almond Butter Balls
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup finely ground almond flour
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup – honey or agave also works
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet or unsweetened chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- In a medium bowl, mix your almond butter, almond flour, maple syrup, and melted coconut. Use your hands to knead the mixture together well. Roll the almond butter balls between your palms and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place in your fridge for about a half hour.
- Add your chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir well and microwave for an additional 30 seconds if necessary.
- Swirl your almond butter balls in your melted chocolate and place on a drying rack to allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle each almond butter ball with a small amount of salt and refrigerate for about an hour or until chocolate is firm.