These Savory Grits Muffins are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, and nut free. These grits muffins are also vegan-friendly, sugar-free, and oil free. These Savory Grits Muffins are the perfect grab and go snack or breakfast, even better, they contain hidden veggies.
If you get bored of having sweet breakfasts, these tasty Savory Grits Muffins are perfect. They honestly taste just like grits, but on the go. These are perfect for those mornings where you hit snooze one too many times. If you need a tasty egg-free on the go breakfast, grab a Savory Grits Muffin.
Savory Grits Muffins are the Perfect Healthy Snack for Kids
Did I mention these are perfect for kids too? Not only are they a delicious breakfast or snack but they are also sugar-free and oil free. That means you can send your kids to school with a snack you feel good about. Even better, they also have hidden vegetables. Inside of these tasty Savory Grits Muffins, you’ll find some cauliflower rice. The cauliflower rice adds flavor and moisture and of course loads of nutrients.
If you’ve tried these Savory Grits Muffins or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to scroll down to the comments section to rate the recipe ☆☆☆☆☆ and let me know your questions, thoughts, and opinions. I love hearing from you! If you think your friends would love this recipe too, don’t forget to hit the share buttons below.
You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and to see some social media exclusive recipes, tips, and giveaways.
Savory Grits Muffins
- 3 tablespoons Ener-G Egg Replacer
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup quick cook grits
- 1/2 cup Eat or Drink's Gluten Free Basic Flour Blend Recipe
- 1/2 cup cauliflower rice - storebought or homemade works fine
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + some for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper + some for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a muffin pan.
- Whisk up the Ener-G egg replacer, flax seed, baking powder and water until frothy. Let sit while you prepare the other ingredients so it will thicken slightly.
- Whisk grits, basic GF flour blend, cauliflower rice, nutritional year, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined.
- Spoon the muffin mixture into muffin pan. You want to fill almost all the way up. I'd say slightly higher than 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 10 - 20 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- Best eaten warm and are great reheated in the microwave.