These Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect gluten free vegan chewy and soft cookie. They are easy to make and so delicious. These Gluten Free Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies are also dairy free, soy free, egg free, and
If you like soft cookies these are for you! These Gluten Free Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies have an amazingly soft and chewy texture from the sorghum flour. These cookies are so simple to make too. A lot of my cookie recipes require a stand mixer but this recipe just requires a couple mixing bowls and a whisk/spoon.
Want more cookie recipes? You may like the following:
Carob Chip Cookies
13 Gluten Free Vegan Christmas Cookies
Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
M&M Style Cookies
What are the Key Ingredients of These Gluten Free Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Ground Flax – Ground flax is essential in making these cookies hold together. I also upped the amount of ground flax to create a soft and chewy cookie. If you want a great price on Ground Flax you can check it out on Amazon and use my affiliate link to help support Eat or Drink.
Sorghum Flour – The sorghum flour works great in this recipe. It creates a sturdy cookie that is also chewy and soft.
Tapioca Flour – If you just used sorghum flour your cookies would be dry and crumbly. Adding tapioca flour (also known as tapioca starch) helps this gluten free cookie not feel so gluten free.
Brown Sugar + Granulated Sugar – The combination of Brown and White sugar creates the perfect cookie. The brown sugar softens the cookie and adds a rich flavor. The granulated sugar helps really caramelize the cookie and give that beautiful slightly crisp bottom.
Dairy Free Butter – Butter is essential in most cookies. Dairy Free Butter works just the same. My favorite brands are Miyokos and Earth Balance. If you’re on a budget Smart Balance works fine too.
Pure Vanilla Extract – This cookie would not be complete without some good quality pure vanilla extract. You can find it on Amazon here through my Amazon Affiliate link.
Dairy Free Chocolate Chips – A lot of brands have great dairy free chocolate chips now. If cross contamination is a concern I suggest Enjoy Life. If cross contamination is not a concern you can find dairy free chocolate chips for a cheap price at both Trader Joe’s and Wegman’s.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to scroll down to the comments section. Rate this recipe ☆☆☆☆☆ and let me know your questions, thoughts, and opinions. I love hearing from you!
If you think your friends would love this recipe too, don’t forget to hit the share buttons below.
Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 9 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips – If you like a lot of chocolate chips you can go up to 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Get out 2 medium-sized bowls and one small bowl.
- In your small mixing bowl whisk together your ground flax and warm water. You can just use warm tap water instead of heating filtered water. Whisk well and set aside to thicken.
- In one of the medium bowls whisk together all of your dry ingredients.
- In your other medium bowl whisk together your sugars and salt breaking down the brown sugar chunks as you mix. Add in your melted butter, flax egg, and vanilla and mix very well for about 1 minute.
- Pour your dry ingredients into your wet and fold to combine. Mix until completely combined. Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Spoon your cookie dough onto your parchment-lined baking sheets with a cookie scoop or two tablespoons. Leave about 1.5 inches in between each cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool slightly then enjoy. You can keep your cookies at room temp for about 4 days or freeze for 3 months.