This Soy Free Fried Rice is also gluten free, dairy free, and peanut free. It is vegetarian and has the option to be vegan if you leave out the egg. This Soy Free Fried Rice is so easy to make because you can use whatever veggies and leftovers you have in your fridge.
This soy free fried rice is the perfect end of the week recipe. You can use all those leftovers that have built up in your fridge throughout the week. Do you have lots of rice leftover from a different meal? Great! It’s time for some soy free fried rice. Have some veggies that need to be used up? Perfect, throw them in.
What’s Inside my Soy Free Fried Rice?
- Leftover rice
These are the ingredients I chose to use because these are the ingredients I had on hand. You don’t have to use the same veggies and mix-ins that I used though. This is a great meal to make your own. Don’t go running to the store just because I said I used broccoli. Use whatever veggies you have sitting in your fridge right now.
How to Make Soy Free Fried Rice Flavorful
In order to make the fried rice flavorful without soy, I used coconut aminos. Coconut aminos is made from, you guessed it, coconuts. It does not taste exactly like soy sauce but is a great substitute. The other ingredients that add a great flavor are the onions, green onions, and garlic. These add so much flavor you won’t even miss the soy sauce.
Beyond just using tasty ingredients like coconut aminos, onions, green onions, and garlic, the way you fry the rice is very essential to the flavor. Remember, you’re making fried rice. That means you want a little bit of crispiness to the rice. As you cook your fried rice let it sit still in the pan at times so that it can get crisp. This gives the rice a delicious rich flavor.
If you’ve tried this Soy Free Fried Rice or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to scroll down to the comments section to rate the recipe ☆☆☆☆☆ and let me know your questions, thoughts, and opinions. I love hearing from you! If you think your friends would love this recipe too, don’t forget to hit the share buttons below.
Soy Free Fried Rice from Leftovers
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 whole green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1 tablespoon dairy free butter
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/3 cup smashed cashews
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 eggs
- Finely chop garlic cloves, yellow onion, and green onion. Chop any other vegetables you plan on using if you did not purchase them pre-chopped. Carefully remove the corn from the cob with a sharp knife. It's best to do this over a bowl so you don't make a mess.
- Heat 1 tablespoon dairy free butter in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is lightly bubbling, add garlic, yellow onion, and green onion and saute for 3 minutes stirring occasionally. Then add in your chopped vegetables and saute for 6 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked rice, smashed cashews, sesame oil, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, salt, and pepper, and stir very well. Then push everything to the edges of the pan making room to add your egg. Scramble your egg in a bowl then pour into the center of your pan. Let cook for about a minute then scramble and mix in with the rest of your ingredients.
- Let everything cook without stirring for 5 minutes. Stir well after 5 minutes then allow sitting for another 5 minutes without stirring. Fried rice is done when rice is slightly crispy and browned.
- Optional: Top your fried rice with some fresh green onion.