This Recipe is: Free of gluten, dairy, soy, eggs and nuts. It is also vegan (if you use vegan marshmallows).
I hope you all are having a wonderful week, just think, we’ve made it to Wednesday! Whatever job God gives you, give it all you got. But don’t feel guilty if you look forward to the weekends. We all need rest! 🙂
Speaking of work and busy weeks, this is the PERFECT snack bar for your mid-day munchies! It would even be great for a running out the door breakfast! The sunbutter and sunflower seeds are a great source of protein. The cereal is nice and filling. And the Genesis Today Greens + Probiotics is an incredible source of nutrients!
You could use any Genesis Today Greens blend in this recipe. I love the Greens + Probiotics because I can never get enough probiotics with my fussy stomach. But feel free to substitute any other Genesis Today greens blend.
Some benefits of Green Powders:
Greens powders allow you to get a wide variety of fruits and vegetables without the hassle of juicing.
Plus, greens powders are generally absorbed better than synthetic vitamins and minerals because they contain the constituent parts. Plus, it comes packaged in forms your body will actually recognize instead of isolated nutrients that can seem foreign to your body.
Sunflower Cereal BarsPrint This
2 1/2 cups gluten free oat cereal o’s (any brand works)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
14 regular sized marshmallows – optional to use vegan
3 tablespoons Soy Free Earth Balance or other vegan soy free margarine
1 teaspoon honey – optional to leave out for less sugar
2 scoops Genesis Today Greens of choice
- Prepare a square baking dish by rubbing 1 tablespoon of Earth Balance all over the pan with a paper towel.
- Mix up the cereal, raisins, sunflower seeds and Genesis Today greens.
- Microwave the marshmallows, sunflower seed butter, honey and 2 tablespoons Earth Balance for about 30 seconds or until marshmallows are melted. Mix well with a spoon right after microwaving.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture into the cereal mixture and mix very well. Your hands definitely work best here, but you will become a sticky mess.
- Press into the baking dish and put it in the fridge for about a half hour or until it is solid.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!