This easy gluten free peach crisp recipe is so delicious and can be ready in about 30 minutes. For the gluten free crumble topping I combine oats and gluten free flour to create the perfect texture.
This recipe is gluten, soy, egg, and nut free. It can be made with or without dairy. It is vegan-friendly.
It’s peach season! If you want to make an amazing gluten free peach dessert, look no further. This gluten free peach crisp with an oat crumble topping is so delicious. It’s a fairly healthy recipe too! The peaches are already so sweet, you only need to add a little bit of sugar to make this peach dessert perfect.
First, what’s the difference between a peach crisp, peach crumble, and peach cobbler?
First, before you read further, tell me in the comments – would you call this gluten free peach dessert a peach crisp, a peach cobbler, or a peach crumble? Many people seem to use all three of these terms interchangeably, but they are in fact not all the same.
Peach cobbler is actually a very different dessert and has more of a pie crust or sometimes a sweet biscuit-like topping.
A peach crisp and peach crumble are the same dessert though and those terms can be used interchangeably. A crisp and a crumble are both the ones with, well, a crumble topping. So yes, today I am sharing a gluten free peach crisp recipe, not a peach cobbler.
There’s your food education for the day, I know you were all dying for this vital information. 🙂
How to Make an Easy Gluten Free Peach Crisp
I love making this gluten free peach crisp recipe because it’s so incredibly easy. Honestly, when I make it on my own I hardly ever even use measurements. Once you’ve made a crisp a few times you get a feel for how much to add of each ingredient and you’ll be able to make it with your eyes closed.
DON’T FORGET TO READ THE FULL RECIPE CARD PROVIDED BELOW WHEN YOU ARE MAKING THIS RECIPE. The recipe card contains the measurements and complete instructions. This section is simply an overview to help you in your baking venture.
To make this peach crisp gluten free you’ll need to combine gluten free flour and oats. I enjoy making my crumble topping with both flour and oats because the combination offers a really nice texture.
You can then add a bit of sugar. I choose to use coconut sugar as it’s a bit healthier in comparison to white sugar.
Then you cut in some butter (or dairy free butter), I love doing this step with my hands and I highly suggest you do it that way too. There’s something about being in the kitchen and using your hands that just can’t be beaten. It turns baking into a craft to be enjoyed rather than a chore.
Once the butter is well incorporated you have your gluten free crumble topping.
To prepare the peaches I just peel and chop them. I prefer to go with small chunks rather than large slices. I think they cook up far better this way.
Then right in the dish I plan to bake them in, I’ll mix them up with a bit of gluten free flour and coconut sugar.
Top it with your gluten free oat crumble, bake, and boom you have your delicious gluten free peach dessert!
Don’t Forget to Keep Track of Your Favorite Recipes with the EAT Journal
Don’t forget to keep track of your favorite recipes in your recipe and meal plan journal created by Eat or Drink. Buy your copy here on Amazon. Coming up with meals every single day is tricky. That’s why it helps to write down your favorites all in one place. You can also use this journal to plan your weekly meals and come up with your grocery lists too!
Want More From Eat or Drink?
Thanks for reading! If you’ve enjoyed this blog post please share it, leave a rating, and a comment to help other readers find it as well!
If you’re new to Eat or Drink, WELCOME! Below you’ll find my 5 most recent blog posts. Make sure you’re signed up for my newsletters so you receive an email whenever a new blog post comes out.
- Amazing Gluten Free S’mores Bars
- The Easiest Gluten Free Peach Crisp
- Gluten Free Funfetti Cupcakes
- Find Tasty Dairy Free Easter Candy at Whole Foods
- Find the BEST Brand of Gluten Free Bread for 2022
Easy Gluten Free Peach Crisp
Peach Crisp Filling
- 10 peaches *see note below
- 1 tablespoon gluten free flour Any gluten free flour blend will work here
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar **see note below
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and grease a pie dish or a 9×9 baking dish.
- Peel and chop your peaches into small chunks. Add them to your greased dish.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon gluten free flour and 1 tablespoon coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine your oats, flour, and coconut sugar. Cut your dairy free butter into small teaspoon-sized chunks and drop them into your bowl. Use a pastry cutter or your hands to combine the butter into the flour.See the video and pictures for a reference on desired texture.
- Evenly distribute your crumble over your peaches. Bake in the center of the oven for about 20-30 minutes or until the crumble topping is golden and the peaches are tender to your liking.
- Enjoy! 🙂