This Recipe Is: Free of gluten, dairy, soy, eggs and peanuts. It is also vegan.
I’m so happy to be sitting here writing. I just feel so blessed to be able to have my blog and connect with others. For so long God told me to put my blog on the shelf. Keep it out of my mind. He was drawing me near to him in a time I needed him. He didn’t want anything distracting me. Now he has put my blog back in front of me. Put it back in my face and given me a new passion for it. I don’t know why. I really don’t. I’m happy about it, but I don’t know why. I’m excited to see what happens with it though.
I know some people think the Christian life is boring. We don’t go out and party. We usually get married young, start popping out babies, live a “simple” life. But there’s truly nothing simple about it. Since I’ve given my life to Christ, every “simple” thing feels like a wild adventure. I no longer need to pass time by partying. Every little thing God puts in my life is so thrilling. It’s a Friday night and I’m sitting in Starbucks writing this, while Trevor is at a bible study. I feel like I’m straight up raging! LOL! I guess what I’m trying to say is, when you allow CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE to walk in front of you, well, that makes anything an adventure.
I hope you all enjoy my rants. Regardless, they will continue. 🙂 As always though, the show must go on. Now on to the Turmeric Ginger Cookies!! I’m super happy about these because the idea came from a wonderful partnership with Coconut Cloud and their sister company Coconut Karma. As I try to grow my business you will see more and more partnerships emerge. Don’t be alarmed though! They will always be with companies I honestly love! If I don’t like the products, they will not show up on my page! Nope that won’t fly with me. So in other words… I love the Coconut Cloud and Coconut Karma products!!
This recipe comes from their Turmeric Ginger Golden Milk Latte powder. The Turmeric Ginger Latte is bomb as is! Really really bomb! But… in cookies… woah. Sound the alarm because there’s been a straight up explosion. Your mind will be blown.
These cookies can be made TWO ways!! You can leave them raw and cover in chocolate! Which, needless to say, is incredible. They are super chewy and sweet raw. Or you can bake them like cookies and dip in chocolate! Also incredible and still somewhat chewy on the inside. The choice is yours. I suggest doing half and half like me since I really can’t pick a favorite. 🙂
Ingredients for Cookies:
- 1/2 cup or about 7 Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Cloud Turmeric Ginger Golden Milk Latte Powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil – I used Coconut Karma because of the convenient pouch
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk or other dairy free milk of choice
- 1/2 cup oat flour
Ingredients for Chocolate:
- 1 cup chocolate chips – I used Equal Exchange because they are dairy and soy free
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil – I used Coconut Karma because of the convenient pouch
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut milk or other dairy free milk of choice
- If baking, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and turn on until combined very well. You may need to pulse on and off until dates are broken up. The end result should be sticky and thick.
- If baking, scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet and pop into the oven for about 10 -15 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool before dipping in chocolate.
- If eating raw, place on parchment lined plate or baking sheet and place in your freezer. You want to be sure they are frozen before dipping in chocolate so they don’t melt.
- Whisk all chocolate ingredients in a pan over medium low until completely melted and smooth. Be sure to keep whisking so chocolate does not burn.
- Dip cookies into chocolate then store raw or cooked cookies in fridge so chocolate does not melt.