These Vegan 3 Musketeers Bars are also gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, and nut free. They are vegan as long as you purchase vegan marshmallows. If you miss 3 Musketeers Bars since having to go dairy free you’ll love this copycat recipe. They are rich, chewy, and GIANT!
I’m back with another great allergy friendly Halloween candy recipe. When I was a kid and went trick or treating, this was one of my go-to grabs. I always loved the fluffy chewy filling of 3 Musketeers Bars. Now that my dairy allergy has worsened I, unfortunately, can’t indulge in the classic candy bars. That’s why I wanted to create my own copycat version. These vegan 3 Musketeers Bars are so delicious and surprisingly simple to make.
Simple Ingredients for Vegan 3 Musketeers Bars
Don’t be intimidated by the idea of making your own candy bars. These vegan 3 Musketeers Bars are so simple to make no matter your baking level. No fancy ingredients needed to make these vegan 3 Musketeers Bars. All you need are the following ingredients…
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Oil
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Dairy Free Milk
- Vegan Marshmallows
Finding Vegan Marshmallows + Chocolate Chips
Dandie’s is my favorite brand for Vegan Marshmallows. Their ingredient list is fairly clean and they contain no animal products. Most grocery stores or health food stores do carry them. If you have trouble finding them in stores though you can always purchase through Amazon, just click here.
Enjoy Life’s are a great trusted brand for dairy free and vegan chocolate chips. Again most stores do carry Enjoy Life since it has become such a popular brand. If you can not find it in stores though you can purchase through Amazon, just click here.
Chocolate Mold Suggestions
It’s not necessary to go out and buy special chocolate molds just for this Vegan 3 Musketeers recipe. There are a lot of different things in your own kitchen that will work just fine. Here are some ideas…
- Miniature Bread Loaf Pan is what I used to get the giant chocolate bar shape you see pictured.
- Muffin Pan will yield a shape similar to my Black and White Almond Butter Cups. Please note you will need to use cupcake liners to ensure the candy bars do not stick.
- Miniature Muffin Pan will create a nice “fun-sized” candy bar. Please note you will need to use mini cupcake liners to ensure the candy bars do not stick.
- Silicone Ice Cube Trays can produce various shapes and sizes
If you are making these 3 Musketeers Bars for kids or for a Halloween party, googly eyes are a fun addition. They can be purchased on Amazon for hardly anything and really add a cute touch to these bars. Click here to shop for googly eyes on Amazon.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to scroll down to the comments section to rate the recipe ☆☆☆☆☆ and let me know your questions, thoughts, and opinions. I love hearing from you!
If you think your friends would love this recipe too, don’t forget to hit the share buttons below.
Vegan 3 Musketeers Bars
Outer Chocolate Layers
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free chocolate chips - see note in post about vegan brand
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 7 vegan marshmallows - see note in post about vegan brand
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- If you are using miniature bread loaf pans like myself you need to line them with parchment paper. Prepare your mini loaf pans by cutting parchment paper to fit the length. Be sure to place the parchment paper in without any wrinkles. The parchment paper should hang out of the loaf pan slightly so that you have "handles" to pull the chocolate out with.
- Put chocolate chips, coconut oil, vanilla, and dairy free milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, check every 30 seconds and stir until completely melted.
- Pour half of the chocolate into the bottom of your prepared pan. Swirl your pan around so the chocolate coats the edges. Then freeze until solid. This could take about 30 minutes. You want it frozen so that it doesn't melt when you add the next layer.
- While the chocolate is freezing, prepare the filling. Melt the marshmallows and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until marshmallows are melted. Remove from your microwave and mix in 2 teaspoons of the melted chocolate mixture that is being used for the outer layer of your candy bars.
- Spoon the fluffy chocolate filling onto the frozen chocolate layer. Keep it mostly in the center so that it can be covered completely. Put it in the freezer until the fluffy layer is frozen.
- Then top with another layer of the melted chocolate mixture. Put the chocolate bars in your refrigerator until solid then enjoy.
If you like this post and want to see more like it please make sure to leave a comment below.
If you want more content like this you may like the following posts:
If you are brand new to Eat or Drink be sure to sign up for the newsletter so you never miss a thing.
Please note I am part of the Amazon Affiliate program. That simply means that when you purchase items from Amazon through my links I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. This does not impact my honesty when suggestion products. I love Amazon and think they offer some great prices on many items and that’s why I chose to join their affiliate program.