This Recipe Is: Free of gluten, dairy, soy, eggs and nuts. It is also vegan (as long as you buy vegan marshmallows).
Hi again guys!
I’m back with another AMAZING allergy friendly Halloween candy recipe! When I was a kid and went trick or treating, this was one of my go to grabs. I loved the fluffy filling of the 3 Musketeers bar! It was just such a yummy, light and fluffy chocolate treat. So here I am with my version of this amazing candy classic. The VEGAN and GLUTEN FREE 3 Musketeers Bar! Yippie! 🙂
This is a perfect candy for any chocolate lover! It is so rich. Oh my goodness it’s got me chocolate crazy. It’s so creamy too! The coconut oil offers such a creamy texture to this homemade chocolate. It’s literally, melt in your mouth good. I know a lot of Halloween treats revolve around the kids. But this would be a perfect candy bar to make for a grown-up Halloween party. It just has a certain decadence to it that any adult would love.
I also want you guys to understand how completely easy this is! I know the idea of making your own candy bars seems out there, but it’s actually so simple! Don’t be overwhelmed by the idea, and just do it! 🙂
Vegan 3 Musketeers BarsPrint This
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips – I used Enjoy Life minis because they aren’t as dark
4 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup almond milk
- Prepare your mold. I do not have chocolate molds so I used miniature loaf pans. They are great for creating large candy bars. *See my notes below for other mold ideas, but here is how I prepared mine – Prepare your mini loaf pans by cutting parchment paper to fit the length. Be sure to place the parchment paper in without any wrinkles. The parchment paper should hang out of the loaf pan slightly so that you have “handles” to pull the chocolate out with.
- Create a double boiler by putting water in a pot and a heat proof bowl on top. Be sure the bottom of the bowl does not actually touch the water, if it touches the bowl could break. Bring the water to a boil. Put chocolate chips, 4 tablespoons of coconut oil, vanilla and almond milk into the bowl. As the chocolate starts to melt, whisk very well until all is combined.
- Pour just about half of the chocolate into the bottom of your prepared loaf pans. Swirl your pan around so the chocolate coats the edges. Then freeze until solid, could take about 30 minutes. You want it frozen so that it doesn’t melt when you do the next layer.
- While the chocolate is freezing, prepare the filling. Melt the marshmallows and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in the microwave. Then mix in about a tablespoon of the melted chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the fluffy chocolate filling onto the frozen chocolate layer. Keep it mostly in the center so that it can be covered completely. Put it in the freezer until the fluffy layer is frozen.
- Then top with another layer of the melted chocolate mixture. Put the chocolate bars in your refrigerator until solid. Then enjoy!
- Other options for chocolate molds: Silicone ice cube trays, cupcake pan lined with cupcake liners, actual chocolate molds, a normal sized bread pan (you would just need to slice the final product into candy bar sized chunks)
- The recipe made 4 mini loaf sized chocolate bars