This chocolate bark is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free and vegan.
I know my ladies will understand, there is a certain time of month that you just crave chocolate. Yea, you know what I’m saying. It’s not a want during that time of month, it’s a need. Really we need the magnesium in the chocolate! Maybe we don’t need all the sugar, but that’s another story. This chocolate bark is such a simple recipe and will definitely meet all your chocolatey needs! It’s very similar to the Black and White Almond Butter Cups I made back around Halloween, but this bark is all about the chocolate.
The dairy free white chocolate side is so creamy and so melt in your mouth good. What I love about both parts is they have different textures. The white chocolate has a snap when you bite into it. Then the dairy free dark chocolate side is almost like vegan fudge. It’s a bit softer and oh so creamy.
Don’t feel intimidated by making dairy free chocolate. This is such an easy vegan chocolate recipe. You don’t need any fancy equipment. You don’t need silicone molds or anything like that. So if you’re craving some chocolate but don’t want the expensive store bought vegan chocolate, then this is for you!
Vegan Black and White Chocolate Bark
Ingredients for the Dark Chocolate
- 6 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
Ingredients for the White Chocolate
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter wafers
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tbs powdered sugar
- Line a 9x9 in. baking sheet with parchment paper. You can also use two bread pans if you do not have a 9x9.
- Get two pans or pots out. Put all your dark chocolate ingredients in one pot and put all your white chocolate ingredients in the other pot.
- Place both pots on the stove-top and heat to about medium. Make sure you are watching both carefully - especially the dark chocolate, making sure the chocolate does not burn. Use a whisk or rubber spatula to mix them until everything is melted and combined.
- Pour the dark chocolate into your parchment paper lined dish. Then pour on the white chocolate.
- Place in the freezer for about 3 hours or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Once the chocolate is hard to remove the parchment paper from the pan and break up the chocolate pieces.
- Enjoy! You can keep them frozen or refrigerated depending on your desired texture.