This vegan cauliflower is also paleo, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free and nut free.
Hi friends! This vegan cauliflower is not just great for vegans, but anyone looking for a healthy vegetable recipe. I think sometimes people neglect cauliflower because they grew up having it in such boring ways. Yes I know, cauliflower can have a stench too. But the flavor is pretty basic. That’s why it’s so fun to cook with. It’s a blank canvas! This cauliflower was created with Asian flavors while remaining completely soy free.
If you’re allergic to soy and have never tried coconut aminos, well then, you’re missing out! Coconut aminos is a delicious sauce made from coconut sap. It has a very similar taste to soy sauce. It’s salty, savory and a little bit sweet. You can find coconut aminos in most stores now, Trader Joe’s even has their own. You can also get it on Vitacost for a great price. I really like the coconut aminos in this dish because it essentially carmelizes the cauliflower. Which creates a delicious flavor.
This Cauliflower would be great as a side for most meals. It would also be great as is just on top of rice or make it a meal and add some protein. I ended up eating this cauliflower on top of a fresh salad. It gave me something warm to eat with my cold salad, which I always love. Let me know in the comments how you end up eating it!
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Put coconut oil in a medium pan and heat on medium-high. Non-stick pan works best to get the cauliflower browned.
- While your pan is heating chop your cauliflower into chunks. Add to your pan and saute until light brown, turning occasionally. About 5 - 7 minutes.
- Chop your garlic into small pieces while your cauliflower is cooking. Add it to your pan then add in the coconut aminos. Mix well to incorporate and turn the heat down to medium.
- Saute for about 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is caramelized on edges from the coconut aminos.
- Enjoy as a side to any meal or even on top of a salad or rice!