These Vegan Mini Cheesecakes are so cute and tasty. They have an amazing flavor from the Birthday Cake Granola. These Vegan Mini Cheesecakes are completely gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, and peanut free. They are also suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Since being dairy free, I’ve tried a lot of different vegan cheesecakes. A lot of them are no bake raw foods cheesecakes. Those are very tasty, but I wanted to do something a little different. These Vegan Mini Cheesecakes are a lot more like a traditional cheesecake (with a fun twist). Rather than having a crust made of nuts and dates, my dairy free cheesecakes have a granola crust. It more closely resembles the traditional cheesecake crust, but instead of graham crackers and butter I used Safe + Fair Birthday Cake Granola and dairy free butter.
Birthday Cake Granola Crust
The Birthday Cake Granola Crust is such a tasty flavor addition to these vegan mini cheesecakes. I’m using Safe + Fair’s Birthday Cake Granola. This stuff is beyond tasty and of course completely gluten free. Besides using it for these vegan mini cheesecakes, I’ve just been snacking on it right out of the bag.
If you follow me on Instagram you’ve probably seen me talk about Safe + Fair Products. They have snacks, granola, baking mixes, and more. They aim to create great tasting clean food at a fair price. Which is something I’m all
For 20% off your Safe + Fair order use code: eatordrink20
You can also click here to head over to their site and the coupon code will automatically be applied to your cart.
Natural Food Coloring
While it’s not necessary to add color to these vegan mini cheesecakes, it is fun. But if you’re like me you probably don’t want to add artificial food coloring. If you’d like to add color but not add junk then you can actually purchase natural food coloring. You can also make your own natural food coloring using simple ingredients. I’ve done both in the past but this time I’m using store bought natural food coloring.
You can now find natural food coloring at most grocery stores. That’s where I found my McCormick Color from Nature Food Colors. But I’m sure you can also find a lot of different kinds and brands with a simple search on Amazon.
If you’d like to make your own natural food coloring head over to my Easter Bunny Poop recipe post. There I discuss the different ingredients you can use to add fun natural colors.
If you like posts like this don’t forget to let me know in the comment section down at the bottom of the page. I’m always interested in your questions, thoughts, and opinions! Your thoughts help me know what content to keep creating. If you think your friends would love this post too, don’t forget to hit the share buttons at the bottom of the post.
Vegan Mini Cheesecakes
Birthday Cake Granola Crust
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons dairy free milk
- 2 tablespoons agave, maple syrup, or honey if not vegan
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- natural food coloring – optional (see blog post for details)
Birthday Cake Granola Crust Instructions
- Pulse the granola up in a food processor until it’s slightly thicker than sand. Then add in the melted dairy free butter and pulse until it begins to stick to itself. Use your hands to press into the bottom of the cups in a muffin a pan. Then use a cup to press in a bit more.
Cheesecake Filling Instructions
- Soak your cashews for about 5 hours or overnight. Rinse and drain them after soaking.
- In a high powered blender, blend your cashews, coconut oil, vanilla, sweetener of choice, and dairy free milk. Blend until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- If you are adding natural colors, pour your cheesecake filling into three bowls. Add one natural color to each bowl and mix very well. *See blog posts to learn more about finding natural food coloring.
- Top your crust with your cheesecake filling. If using natural colors, you can make each one a different color or layer up the colors and swirl as I did.
- Top each one with a small amount of Safe + Fair Birthday Cake Granola then bake your mini vegan cheesecakes for 10 minutes. Let cool then refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set the rest of the way.