This Vegan Turmeric Ice Cream is a delicious vegan protein ice cream. It’s made with Owyn Turmeric Protein shake. The protein shake adds a great taste, texture, plus the benefit of added protein. This Protein Ice Cream is vegan friendly, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, peanut free, and low sugar.
It’s Summertime, that means it’s time to pull out your ice cream maker. This Vegan Turmeric Ice Cream is so delicious and incredibly easy to make. The ingredients in the Owyn Turmeric Protein Shake actually help thicken this vegan ice cream without the need to add any starches or gums. That means fewer ingredients and less hassle.
If you’re hesitant to get on the turmeric bandwagon this vegan protein ice cream is the perfect place to start. I really enjoy the Owyn Turmeric Protein Shake because the turmeric is very subtle. It’s not spicy or super potent like some turmeric drinks. I also added cinnamon to this recipe to really compliment and round out the turmeric flavor.
Buying an Ice Cream Maker
This recipe requires an ice cream maker. Without churning, this ice cream you would just end up with a rock hard block of frozen protein shake. I actually enjoy eating this ice cream right out of the ice cream maker without even putting in the freezer. It’s incredibly creamy and soft right after churning.
I’ll be the first to admit and Ice Cream Maker isn’t an appliance you’ll use all the time. But it definitely won’t go to waste. Especially since you can find such low priced ice cream makers, it’s worth it to have one on hand.
I own the Cuisinart Ice 21-PK. It’s a great price and great quality. It’s also incredibly easy to use. Click here to purchase through my Amazon Affiliate link.
I hope you enjoy this Vegan Protein Ice Cream. If you are brand new to Eat or Drink be sure to sign up for the newsletter so you never miss a thing. Eat or Drink is my Food and Lifestyle blog with a focus on Allergy-Free eating and living. If you want to find more posts focused on the food aspect of Eat or Drink, just click here. If you want to find more posts focused on Allergy-Free Living, click here. Or if you want more lifestyle and faith-based posts, click here.
Vegan Turmeric Ice Cream | Protein Ice Cream
- Make sure to read your Ice Cream Maker instructions prior to use. Most ice cream makers require you to freeze the bowl overnight.
- Peel your soaked almonds. It’s very easy to peel almonds once they are soaked. Just pinch the almond between your fingers and the skin will pop right off. Peeling each almond should take less than 4 minutes.
- Blend all of your ingredients in a high powered blender until smooth and creamy.
- Add your blended mixture to your ice cream maker and turn on for 15 to 20 minutes or until the mixture is thick.
- *I prefer to enjoy the ice cream right after churning. It’s thick and creamy and tastes like luscious soft serve. If you do freeze your ice cream make sure to remove from the freezer about 10 minutes prior to scooping or else it will be too hard.