This Recipe Is: Free of gluten, dairy, soy, eggs and nuts. It is also vegan.
Pop pop POPCORN, my favorite food! I absolutely love popcorn! I say that about a lot of food, but popcorn really is my go-to snack. It’s such a go-to that I’ve perfected this amazing popcorn seasoning! It’s super flavorful, super zesty, almost a little cheesy from the nutritional yeast and all around awesome!
Not only is the seasoning amazing, but the coconut oil is perfect with the popcorn! Much better for you than using butter and the flavor is bomb. The very slight coconut flavor plays really well with all the zesty seasonings. The coconut oil brings a lightness to the heavy savory flavor. I’m using Coconut Karma as my coconut oil. Their coconut oil comes in an awesome little pouch. It’s super convenient because it just squeezes right out and you can bring it on the go.
Zesty PopcornPrint This
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil – I used Coconut Karma
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pop the corn kernels using your preferred method then set popcorn aside to cool. I use an air popper because it’s easy. You can pop in a pot on the stove with a little coconut oil if you don’t have an air popper.
- Melt coconut oil and then let cool completely. If you pour hot oil onto the popcorn it’ll just shrivel up the popcorn.
- Whisk together all seasonings.
- Pour oil onto popcorn and mix very well.
- Pour on seasonings and mix very well again.
You can double or triple the seasoning mix and store in an old spice container for future popcorn needs!